2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th April 2018, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Re: Minimum Marks to Qualify SSC CHSL

Can you tell me about the minimum marks required to qualify Staff Selection Commissions (SSC) Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination?
27th April 2018, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Minimum Marks to Qualify SSC CHSL

Staff Selection Commissions (SSC) conducted Combined Higher Secondary Level exam in three different phases that candidates need to clear to get selected for various posts in the Government Offices.

SSC CHSL Tier I is Objective Multiple Choice Question paper, Tier II exam is Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi, while Tier III is the Computer Proficiency Test.

Minimum 33% marks required to qualify Staff Selection Commissions (SSC) Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination.

Written Examination:
The Paper will consist of Objective Type- Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi for Part-I, III & IV.

1. Computer Based Examination: Tier-I (Objective Type):

Part Subject Maximum Marks
I English Language (Basic Knowledge) (25 questions) 50

II General Intelligence (25 questions) 50

III Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill) 50
(25 questions)

IV General Awareness (25 questions) 50

2. Tier-II (Descriptive Paper):
Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in Pen and Paper Mode in the duration of the paper is one hour.
The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.
The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33%.

3. Tier III (Typing Test/ Skill Test):

i. Skill Test for Data Entry Operator:
The Speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on Computer will be decided on the basis of the correct entry of words key depressions as per the given passage
The duration of the Test will be 15 minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions is given would enter the same in the Computer.
The Data Entry Speed Skill Test is of qualifying nature. One allowed to take the test, will have to qualify the test at the prescribed speed on Computer, to be provided by the Commission or the agency authorized by the Commission to conduct such skill test at the Centre/venue so notified.

ii. Typing Test for LDC/ JSA & PA/ SA:
Typing Test is conducted for those who qualify in the Written Exam. Such Typing Test is conducted in English or Hindi and one while applying for Exam, has to indicate choice for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
One opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute and those opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
The speed is adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30minutes.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in