2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th August 2014, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MCS And MSc Computer Science What Is Difference

The basic difference between MCS and M.Sc. in Computer Science is that ,the MCS is a nonthesis degree.
The MS is awarded with or without a thesis, and is generally awarded only to candidates enroute to the PhD.

For MCS entrance exam is held and criteria is that applicants have mathematics in 12th standard. The exam covers various areas like probability, calculus, etc.

For a M.Sc. Computer Science degree applicants first have to do a B.Sc. with Mathematics as one subject and then apply for M.Sc. degree.

List of few colleges are given below :

A. Veeriya Vandayar Memorial Sri Pushpam College (A.V.V.M. Sri Pushpam College)
A.A. Government Arts College
Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
Banasthali University
Bankatal Badurka College for Information Technology
Bankatlal Badruka College for Information Technology (BBCIT)
Banki College
Bapatla College of Engineering
Bapatla Engineering College
Baring Union Christian College
A.D.M. College for Women (Autonomous)
A.D.N. Medical College and Paramedical Science
A.J.K. College of Arts and Science
A.K.S. University
A.V.C. College (Autonomous)
A.V.S. College of Arts and Science
Aarti Institute of Professional Studies
Abeda Inamdar Senior College for Girls
16th February 2016, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I’m confused to select course between MCS and MSc Computer Science? Please suggest me which course is best for me after completing graduation? Provide me what is difference between MCS And MSc Computer Science?
16th February 2016, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

Both courses are related tot computer basics. You can select any one after graduation. You can do select any one in which you have interested.

Here I’m giving you some detail between difference of both MSc and MCS:

M.SC in computer:

MSc in Computer Science covers various areas which can be applied to various areas like technology, science, business and education.

Through this course candidates will have opportunities in software development, testing and networking.

Companies such as Oracle, HP, Wipro, IBM, Compaq etc. are hiring people with MSC computer science qualification.

MCS:

The Master of Computer Science program is designed for students with undergraduate degrees in computing. This MCS is designed for the related areas who are seeking to expand their knowledge of the computer science field through the completion of a project portfolio.

This program reflects the dual nature of computer science as both a scientific and engineering discipline by placing emphasis on both theory and practical applications.

Students looking for their MCS submit a selection that compiles projects completed in three courses during their computer science studies.

The M.C.S. provides an opportunity for students employed in industry to receive advanced training in computer science. A concentration in information assurance is offered with the M.C.S.

Don’t get panic get relaxed and select one which you have interest.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in