2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th May 2015, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

Re: MBBS after B.Sc Nursing

I have completed B.Sc Nursing Course and now want to take admission in M.B.B.S Course so please give me details?
18th May 2015, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

B.Sc (Nursing) Graduates are eligibly for Lateral Entry into M.B.B.S Course. Experienced as well as the fresh B.Sc (Nursing) graduates have opportunities to jump and enroll into 3rd year of MBBS.

Fresh graduates:
Fresh graduates of BSc (Nursing) contend that a lot of common subjects between their faculty of graduation and MBBS, and hence it is proper to make a lateral entry.

Experienced graduates:
Experienced graduates of BSc (Nursing) emphasize, that they are regularly treating patients and feel that they could easily adapt to the studies of MBBS by lateral entry into 3rd year.

MCI & Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Rules:
Because of shortage of doctors in our country the MCI & Ministry of Health & Family Welfare allowing BSc (Nursing) graduates for lateral entry into MBBS will decrease the gap of the ratio of doctor-to-patient in India.

Admission Procedure:
BSc-Nursing Graduates have to apply for an eligibility certificate at Medical Council of India. Once an eligibility certificate is issued by Medical Council of India, candidates become eligible to sit for screening test conducted by Medical Council of India.
21st August 2015, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed B.Sc Nursing Course and now want to take admission in M.B.B.S Course so please give me details?
I was completed my bsc nursing in 2015
29th May 2016, 04:57 PM

What are the requirements for getting lateral entry to the mbbs after completing bsc nursing??i kindly request you to grant the details if any??
18th December 2019, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Can you tell me if one can pursue MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) Program after completing B.Sc Nursing in India?
18th December 2019, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

No, there is no lateral entry for MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) in India. If you fulfil the eligibility criteria for admission in MBBS Program, you can definitely join the course.

But, I find it is complete waste of time as you have already invested your 3 years for B.Sc Nursing and now wants to take admission in MBBS Program which is a 5 Years long course. You will have to clear National Entrance Exam – NEET - to get admission in MBBS in India.

NEET Eligibility Criteria

Qualifying Exam
10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as core subject in both Classes 11 and 12 from a recognized board

Minimum Age Requirement
17 years as on December

Maximum Age Limit

25 years of age or more for unreserved category candidates and 30 years of age for reserved and PwD category candidates.

Qualifying Marks
UR - 50%, OBC/SC/ST - 40%, PWD - 45% (minimum aggregate marks only for PCB subjects)

Maximum Attempts
No limit on the permitted number of attempts.

Nationality
Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIOs & Foreign Nationals

NEET UG Syllabus

It consists of concepts taught in standard 11 and 12 in the Indian School Systems.

NEET UG Paper Pattern

For NEET-UG, there are questions asked from Physics, Chemistry, Botany & Zoology. There are 45 questions from each of the sections.

A correct response gives the candidate 4 marks and 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer. No marks are deducted if the candidate has not attempted a question. The total time duration is of 3 hours.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in