2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th November 2014, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA Managerial Economics Model paper

Bharathiar University MBA Managerial Economics paper has questions form following topics:

• Management Theory & Practice
• Managerial Economics
• Accounting for Managers
• Organizational Behavior
• Quantitative Techniques
• Business Ethics & Values
BU MBA Managerial Economics Question paper

8th December 2015, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Hello Friend Here I am looking for Previous year MBA Managerial Economics paper of IGNOU , Will you please provide me for same ?
8th December 2015, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Friend on your demand Here I am providing Previous year MBA Managerial Economics paper of IGNOU :

Time: 3 hours

Maximum Marks: 100
(Weightage 70%)

SECTION A

1. What is the basic objective of a firm? Distinguish between 'Accounting Profit' and 'Economic Profit' with the help of an illustration. 20

2. What do you understand describing the regression explain why it is important by demand forecasting? While method of demand forecasting, for the firm to forecast demand. 20

3. Distinguish between the following with the help of illustrations : 20

(a) Fixed costs and Variable costs

(b) Short run costs and Long-run costs

(c) Direct costs and Indirect costs

(d) Total cost, Average cost and Marginal cost

4. (a) Differentiate between Monopoly and Monopolistic competition giving examples (10)

(b) Explain why profit is maximum at a level where MC : MR. Is profit always maximum when MC : MR? Comment. 10

5. (a) What are the different types of statistical analyses used in the estimation of production function? Explain briefly with the help of examples. Discuss the limitations of different types of statistical analysis. (10)

(b) Briefly explain how the Cobb - Douglas production function can be used to determine returns to scale. (10)

SECTION B

6. (a) Which of the following commodities has most inelastic demand? Give reasohs for your answer. (10)

(i) Soap

(ii) Salt

(iii) Penicillin

(iv) Ice-cream

(v) Cigarettes

(b) Suppose the demand function of a product is given as Q = 500 - 5P. Find the profit maximising price when (10)

MC=0

MC=20

7. Suppose you are a sales manager of an organization. Explain how does the analysis of demand contribute to business decision making, in the light of the responsibilities of a sales manager. 20
Testpapers of re

Address :
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Institute Of Public Health & Hygiene, RZ A-44, Mahipalpur
Pocket E, Bees Sutri Harijan Basti, Sainik Farm
New Delhi, Delhi 110037

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in