2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th April 2016, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA Ability

MBA Entrance Exam Verbal Ability Cracking the Verbal Ability section of is most important. Most often, this is the difference between people with mathematics background like engineers, science graduates and technologists, making a good grade in exam or not.

This practice set has 10 questions with their answers covering topics from the areas of Verbal Ability. This Practice set includes the Questions as per the Exam pattern and syllabus.

Here I’m giving you all question for Ability in MBA:

Direction Q 1 to 10- Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is ‘5’. (Ignore the errors of punctuation, if any)
Q.1. It is a well established/ fact that the computer,/now a days/is an useful device.
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5). No error
Q.2. It is an irony that he likes to picture himself/ as an original thinker but/ has never been able to set/ back the clock which is always hour too fast.
(1) 2) (3) (4) (5) No error
Q.3 It is a strange thing/ how little, in general, people know/ about the tiger, an animal equal/ to the lion in size, is native of Asia.
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) No error
Q.4 Although the proceedings went on/ for one year or so,/ we are not aware/ what were the verdict of the gentlemen of jury.
Q.5. My neighbour as well as his wife/ always discuss the family problems/ before me although both of them know/ that I will not be of any help.

Q.6. Thank you for/ helping me study,/if you hadn’t tutored me,/ I would fail the test.
Q.7. Stop asking me/ what my wife bought you for your birthday./ Even if I know what she bought you/ I would have not told you.
(1) (2) 3) (4) (5) No error
Q.8 Open the window and/ look outside/ whether it is raining. / It had rained heavily last night.
Q.9 A friend of mine once wrote/a detective story called/ Murder in the Brewery, although/ he never visited a brewery in his life.

Q.10 The host was gracious enough/ as we had warmly received and/ he left no stone unturned to fulfil our desires/making us day dream.
Answers with sub topics explained
Error correction questions in MAHCET are no different than what you find in any competitive examination like Bank recruitment tests, SSC, or any other Provincial or Central government recruitment examination. The difficulty level is not very high but one has to concentrate a little. Besides, if you know the basics you will be quick to solve it, else it will be better to skip it, unless you are able to recollect the rules of Grammar and syntax.
Questions 1-3 are based on usage of Articles
1.(4) – a useful device. Any word which begins with the sound of a consonant should be preceded by indefinite article ‘an’.
2.(4)-an hour too fast. Hour begins with the sound ‘o’ and not ‘h’
3.(4)- is a native of Asia. Use of indefinite article ‘a’ required before native

Questions 4-5 are based on usage of Nouns
(4) was the verdict of Jury. Jury is a collective noun. When the verdict is unanimous it is singular, when it is divided it is plural.

(2) discusses the family problems. Use of ‘as well as’ requires the verb according to the first subject.

Questions 6-7 are from Conditional and unreal Past
6. (4)- would have failed the test. Past in the past – unreal past with improbable and impossible condition. Had+III form of the verb in this conditional part is invariably followed by would/should/could/might+have+III form of the verb.
7. (4)-would not tell you. Unreal past conditional with very less probability. Use of simple past in ‘if’ clause followed by would/should/could/might + base verb form in main clause.
Questions 8-9 are based on Time zones-(Tenses)
8. (4)- It rained heavily last night. Yesterday, last day/ago/last night are used with simple past tense and not with past perfect tense.
9 (4)- he had never visited a brewery in his life. Story written later, visit that didn’t take place is supposed to be an earlier event. Past perfect in Negative form.

Question 10 is from Active-Passive
10. (2) had warmly been received. Adverb of manner to be placed between auxiliary and principal verb in passive form. We were the people who were received.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in