2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th February 2016, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Macroeconomics Quiz answers

Hello sir, I am Surjeet Narwal. I am from Chandigarh. I want you to help me by providing me some information about the Macroeconomics quiz questions and answers. Can you provide me with it?
Similar Threads
Thread
GK Quiz for NDA
RPSC Quiz
Botany Quiz with Answers for Tnpsc
Geography Quiz With Answers
MBA Gk Quiz
MBA Quiz Questions and Answers ppt
Quiz On Environment With Answers
Cricket quiz with answers
Environmental Quiz Questions And Answers
Free History Quiz Questions and Answers
Economics Quiz Questions and Answers
MBA Quiz PDF
Mini quiz
Quiz MBA
Macroeconomics Notes For MBA
Macroeconomics notes for MBA
Aib MBA quiz
MBA quiz
NDA GK Quiz
MBA PPT on Macroeconomics
25th February 2016, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Macroeconomics Quiz answers

As you have asked about the Macroeconomics quiz questions and answers, I am providing you with it
Part I (Short Questions, 2 points each, 10 points total)

What is an automatic stabilizer?
It is something that diminishes automatically the volatility of the economy. It diminishes the multiplier so that shocks do not deviate the economy very far from normal growth levels and hence from the natural level of unemployment. This is the case of progressive tax schemes or unempl
oyment benefit systems

2. What is the money multiplier?
The increase in the money supply resulting from a one-dollar increase in central bank money. This proportion is equal to (c+θ(1-c))-1 where c is the proportion of money held in currency by individuals and θ is the ratio of reserves to deposits held by banks.

What is Walras’ Law? What role does it play in the way we construct the IS-LM?
The finding that if all but one of the conditions for general market clearing hold, then the final one must hold as well; this result follow because households’ budget constraints must be satisfied. When we construct the IS-LM model we assume an economy with a bonds market, a money market and a goods market. The IS represents equilibrium in the goods market. The LM represents equilibrium in the money market. If household’s budget constraints hold, then we know hat the bonds market must clear and the IS-LM will represent macroeconomic equilibrium.

What is Okun’s Law? How do we incorporate it into the general model of inflation and unemployment?
Okun’s law is the observed relation between GDP growth and the change in the unemployment rate. We use Okun’s law to close the macroeconomic model composed of the Phillips curve (relating unemployment and inflation) and the aggregate demand (relates gdp growth with inflation).

What is the Fischer hypothesis?
The proposition that in the medium run an increase in inflation is reflected in an identical increase in the nominal interest, leaving the real interest rate unchanged.

Part II (True-False-Uncertain, 5 points each, 40 point total) E

Through a typical business cycle, we expect that each 1% increase in GDP will be associated with a 1% change in business investment and 1% change in private consumption.

False.
Both investment and consumption move together during the business cycle, but historically investment has been much more volatile than consumption. However, the level of investment is much smaller than the level of consumption, so that it turns out that both investment and consumption contribute roughly equally to fluctuations in output over time

Macroeconomics Quiz

For more, you can refer to the attached file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Macroeconomics Quiz.pdf (198.1 KB, 105 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in