2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th March 2016, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

LSAT Absence vs. Cancelation

Hello, I want to give the exam of the LSAT and I want to know the difference between absence and cancellation.
Similar Threads
Thread
LSAT Cut Off
U Of Mn LSAT
What You Need To Know About The LSAT
Should I Take The LSAT More Than Once
LSAT Given
Jd mba lsat
Lsat gwu
LSAT When Do You Take It
Tjsl lsat tls lsat
Lsat osu
Lsat ky
Mba lsat
LSAT Test Ohio LSAT Oil
Lsat for MBA
Everything I Need To Know About The LSAT
Would I Do Well On the LSAT
Iup lsat
Lsat umn
CNS school absence line
11th March 2016, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Re: LSAT Absence vs. Cancelation

Hello, here I am providing you the difference between absence and cancellation of the LSAT exam as under:

About the exam:
The Law School Admission Test (LSAT) is a half-day standardized test administered four times each year at designated testing centers throughout the world. Administered by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) for prospective law school candidates, the LSAT is designed to assess reading comprehension, logical, and verbal reasoning proficiencies.

Absence
Not showing up for the exam is not ever a great reflection on your level of responsibility, but there are a million reasons that you might have missed the date. Car trouble. A medical emergency. Rescuing a beached whale from certain doom (which would be great – just imagine writing an essay about holding the hose on a gasping whale, crying as your neighbours struggled against its impossible weight).

You can cancel.
There are three ways to cancel your score (all of them show up on your LSAT Score Report):
Cancellation option #1: Show up to the test, and cancel before you even start.
Cancellation option #2: Show up to the test, take it, and then cancel immediately after.
Cancellation option #3: Show up to the test, take it, and then cancel up to six days after it

Benefits –
Gain experience taking an actual exam. Easily explainable.

Detriments –
Multiple cancellations can start to raise flags. Lose your fee. Counts against your LSAT limit.

Mitigated by –
Again, an additional essay.

Duration
35 minutes for each of the 6 sections, for a total of 3 hours and 30 minutes (excluding breaks).

Score / grade range
120 to 180, in 1 point increments.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in