2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th November 2015, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Lie on MBA application

Welcome to MBA Forum. This is Lie on MBA application discussion page. Here you can discuss about Lie on MBA application in details. Please ask your question about Lie on MBA application in the quick reply box mention below. Our member will try to answer your question about it as soon as possible. Furthermore, please provide your full details with your question. Your Name, email address, phone numbers, also you education / University in which you are studying. If your question is related to any institution / University / Business School/ Online MBA / Distance MBA or Jobs related to MBA, then mention that in your question as well.
Similar Threads
Thread
JNU Application Fee
Application for MBA
Upm MBA application
HHL MBA Application
Dcu MBA application
SJU MBA Application
CBS MBA Application
USB MBA Application
UUM MBA Application
MBA MIT Application
HEC MBA Application
LIU OT Application
GRE Application Fee
PTU Application
NID application from where to get
GATE Application Online Application
Application status of Civil Service application form
PSC application Application form Kerala
EIL Application
ANU OD Application
19th March 2016, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Lie On MBA Application

Hello sir, I am NAkul John. I am from Boston. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the common lies to avoid on MBA application. Can you help me?
19th March 2016, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Lie On MBA Application

As you have asked about the common lies to avoid in MBA application, I am giving you information about it, check below for the details
Employment Details

Most applicants tend to hide gaps in employment, feeling that any revelation regarding poor employability would lead to low profile scores.
On the contrary, Admission Committee (AdCom) respects applicants who are open about the Employment Gap due to factors like failed venture, working for non-profit, and trying other career paths.

Most professionals make several mistakes during their first job, and it is unlikely that they will not include experiences about that tenure in one of the failures or lessons learned essays.

Company & Project Details

Most applicants make minor mistakes regarding the revenue of the company, profits, or the customer base, but these minor gaffes start affecting your credibility when it is closely tied to your achievements. Quantifying result is an important exercise for MBA application essays, and most applicants will not have the exact numbers on the profits or revenue share.

Transcript
Most experiences shared in Essays are related to professional lives, but there are some essays that require you to introspect, and reveal how your interest in a particular subject began.
Some applicants cleverly incorporate the grades, cite the professors that influenced them, and trace the origins of their career path.

Roles
The most common exaggeration that we have seen is related to roles. Almost all MBA application essays require you to specify your role and the duties that were part of the role. You cannot explain your achievements, without offering some context about the role but strangely, applicants take this as a hint to exaggerate their role as leaders.

Business School Contacts

Admission Committee detests applicants who overuse the names of the alumni, a current student, or even members of the admission team. That does not mean you have to exaggerate the number of communications or the influence that the contact had on your decision. Include multiple factors for your choice, and focus on one Business School contact as an influence.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in