2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th July 2018, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Re: KPSC Main Exam Syllabus

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Syllabus of the KPSC Main Exam of General Studies Will you Please Provide It ?
13th July 2018, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Re: KPSC Main Exam Syllabus

The Kerala Public Service Commission is a body created by the Constitution of India. The Commission advise the Government on all matters relating to civil services referred to it under Article 320 (3) of the Constitution and publish notifications inviting applications for selection to various posts as per the requisitions of the appointing authorities,

The Syllabus of the KPSC Main Exam of General Studies is given below

PAPER - II General Studies 1
Section - I : History and Cultural Heritage (India & Karnataka ) - (6 Units) Unit 1: Cultural Heritage of India (select areas and topics) (i) Indus Civilization Distinction between Indus Civilization and Vedic Civilization Evolution of Varna, Jathi/caste system Religious condition emergence of religious movements.

(ii) Literature: Sanskrit Literature (Ancient) : Vedic Literature, the epics and the Puranas: their impact on the life and culture of the Indian People; Prose works on polity, ethics (neeti), popular stories and Pancha Tantra (only important works); Mughal contributions to literature.

(iii) Science and Technology: Mathematics, Astronomy, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Physiology and Medicine (including Surgery), Ship-building, Mining and Metallurgy, Engineering and Architecture.

(iv) Arts (Excluding Karnataka):
The Maurya and Gupta periods; The Khajuraho temples; Jain temples at Mount Abu and the Odishyan temples; Pallava, Chola and Pandyan contributions.

The Mughal architecture; Cathedral architecture: Bom Jesus-Old Goa, St. Pauls- Kolkata and St. Thomas- Chennai. Painting : Ajanta frescoes; Mughal and Rajput schools of painting. Dance and Music: Classical music and dance; Mughal contributions to music. Folk arts of India.

(v) Indias cultural contributions to the outside world: Central Asia, China, Japan, South-East Asia and Sri Lanka. (vi) Religions of India-

(i) Hindu Dharma: General characteristics and some common beliefs Purusharthas rituals and ethics festivals and sacred days pilgrimage and fairs. Hindu sects:

Hinduism as a federation of various sects Shaiva, Vaishnava and Shakta. Philosophy of the Upanishad and the BhagavadGita Yoga Philosophy of Pathanjali.

Rest of the Syllabus you may get from the below Attachement that is Free to Download
Attached Files
File Type: pdf KPSC Main Exam Syllabus .pdf (1.25 MB, 117 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in