2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd August 2014, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Karnataka PGCET Exam syllabus

As per your request here I am sharing the Karnataka PGCET MCA Exam syllabus:

Karnataka PGCET MCA Exam syllabus

1. Mathematics.

Algebra : Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansion, Factorization, Simultaneous Linear /Quadratic equations, Indices, Logarithms, Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions, Binomial Theorem, Permutations and Combinations, Surds, Determinants, Matrices and application to solution of simultaneous linear equations.

Co-Ordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, Equations of Line, Mid-point, Intersections etc, Equations of a Circle, Distance formulae, Pair of straight lines, Parabola, Ellipse and Hyperbola, Simple Geometric transformations such as Translation, Rotation, Scaling.

Vector: Position vector, addition and subtraction of Vectors, Scalar and Vector products. Trigonometry: Simple identities, Trigonometric equations, Properties of Triangles, Inverse function.

Probability and Statistics: Basic concept of Probability theory, Averages, Dependent and Independent events, Frequency distributions and measures of dispersions, Skewness and Kurtosis, Random variable and Distribution functions, Mathematical Expectations, Binomial, Poisson, Normal distributions, Curve fitting and Principle of Least Squares, Correlation and Regression.

2. Computer Awareness: Computer Basics : Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Input / Output devices, Computer Memory, Back-up devices, Computer Languages, Operating Systems. Data Representation: Representation of Characters, Integers and Fractions, Binary and Hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Two’s complement arithmetic, Floating-point representation of numbers, Normalized Floatingpoint representation.

3. Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: The question in this section will cover Logical Reasoning, Quantitative reasoning and Visuo-spatial reasoning.

4. General Awareness: This section shall carry questions to test the general awareness about Business, Finance, Industry, Transportation, Scientific inventions, Governance, Healthcare and Cultural dimensions etc.

5. General English: Questions on Grammar and Vocabulary.
12th April 2015, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

Karnataka PGCET Exam Syllabus

Hey, I have completed B.Tech in Computer science want to do M.Tech in Computer science , I decide to appear in Karnataka PGCET Exam will you please provide me the syllabus and paper pattern of the Karnataka PG Common Entrance Test (PGCET) exam for getting admission in M.Tech course ?

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in