2024 2025 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

23rd August 2018, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

Re: Jammu University Distance Education

Can you tell me about the eligibility requirement for admission in BA (Bachelor of Arts) Program offered by Directorate of Distance Education of University of Jammu?
23rd August 2018, 10:50 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Jammu University Distance Education

The Directorate of Distance Education was established in 1976 in the University of Jammu. The University of Jammu was established in 1969 vide Kashmir and Jammu Universities Act 1969 following bifurcation of the erstwhile University of Jammu and Kashmir (established in 1948).

With the establishment of Directorate of Distance Education, the University of Jammu within 7 years of its establishment became a dual mode university from a conventional University.

Admission to B.A

Eligibility Criteria for seeking admission to B.A Semester-I

Candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary Part-II (10+2) Exam of the J&K Board of School Education or any other, Exam recognized as equivalent thereto by the University of Jammu, is eligible for admission to Three-Year Degree (General) Course Semester-I.

Eligibility Criteria for seeking promotion from B.A. Semester-I to II

One will be eligible for promotion from semester I to II if he/she has:-
a) Secured pass marks in Internal Assessment of all the subjects/papers of the Semester I.
b) Has appeared in at least one of the papers in the Semester End Examination of Semester I
c) One will have to get enrolled to the second semester within seven days of the termination of the B.A./B.Com. Semester I examination

Eligibility Criteria for promotion to B.A. Semester-III

One will be eligible for promotion from Semester-II to III provided he/she has passed at least 50% of the subjects/papers of theory/practical (separately) of Semester-I and has passed in Internal Assessment of all subjects/papers of Semester-II.

BA (Bachelor of Arts) Program Directorate of Distance Education of University of Jammu

BA (Bachelor of Arts) Program Directorate of Distance Education of University of Jammu
distanceeducationju.in/pdf/ELIGIBILTY%20CRITERIA.pdf

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in