2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st February 2016, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

Re: Indian engineering services advertisement

Hi I would like to join the Indian Engineering Services and like to know the details of the eligibility for the entrance examination as well as if there are any current vacancy published?
21st February 2016, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian engineering services advertisement

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) holds Engineering Services Examination as a combined competitive examination for recruitment to the services or posts of Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

The exam is held for selection engineers for Government of India's engineering organizations, such as Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE), Central Engineering Service (CES), Military Engineering Services (MES), etc.
UPSC ESE/IES 2016

Important Dates

Date of Notification: 27 February, 2016
Last Date to Apply: 25 March, 2016
Date of Exam: 27 May 2016 (3 days exam)

Eligibility
Age Eligibility: One needs to be between 21 years to 30 years as on 1st January of the exam year. Age relaxations as per the government rules.

Academic Qualification Eligibility:

One must be a graduate in Engineering from a acknowledged university. Final year aspirants can also appear in IES exam.

Exam Pattern
The written exam consists of 2 sections. Section I includes only objective type questions and section II includes conventional papers. Both the papers cover complete syllabus of the relevant engineering disciplines. If one qualifies the written examination, personality test of 200 marks is conducted.

Section/Paper Duration Maximum Marks
Section I (Objective)
General Ability Test 2 Hours 200
Engineering Paper I 2 Hours 200
Engineering Paper II 2 Hours 200
Section II (Conventional)
Engineering Paper I 3 Hours 200
Engineering Paper II 3 Hours 200

Exam Syllabus
General Ability Test Syllabus
Category I: Civil Engineering
Category II: Mechanical Engineering