2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd August 2014, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Army eligibility to join

To join the Indian Army you need to appear in the National Defense Academy examination which is conducted by the UPSC. Here are the details of it:

Nationality:
a citizen of India, or
a subject of Bhutan, or
a subject of Nepal, or
a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Eligibility for Army wing:
The applicant should be 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

Important dates:
Date of notification: 21 JUNE 2014
Last date of form submission: 21 JULY 2014
Date of NDA exam is 28th SEPTEMBER 2014

Syllabus for Entrance Examination:
Paper I - Mathematics :
(Maximum Marks 300)
Arithmetic,
Mensuration,
Algebra,
Geometry,
Trigonometry,
Statistics.
NDA syllabus
The subjects of the written examination, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject are as follows : SubjectCode Duration Max Marks Mathematics01 2 1/2 hours300 General Ability 02 2 1/2 hours600 900 The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. the question papers (Test Booklets) will be set in English only. Syllabus for Entrance Examination: Paper I - Mathematics : (Maximum Marks 300) Arithmetic, Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics. Paper II - General Ability Part A - English (Maximum Marks 200) Part B - General Knowledge (Maximum Marks 400) Section A (Physics) Section B (Chemistry) Section C (General Science) Section D (History, Freedom Movement etc) Section E (Geography) Section F (Current Event) Note : Out of the maximum marks assigned to Part B of this paper, questions on Sections A, B, C, D, E and F carry approximately 25%, 15%, 10%, 20%, 20% and 10% weightage respectively. For more details please refer to Advertisement, along with APPLICATION FORM and detailed subject-wise Prospectus published by the UPSC every six months, i.e. April / May and October / November in all the local newspapers and Employment News. Syllabus During Training Period (Academics) Science Stream (B. Sc.) / B. Sc. (Computer Science) COMPULSORY (CREDIT SUBJECTS) (Any Three) Physics (Compulsory) Social Science Stream (B.A) Chemistry Mathematics (Compulsory) Computer Science Geography Economics Political Science Cross Stream Subjects (Non-Credit) (Any 3) History Geography Economics Political Science Common Non-Credit Subjects Workshop Auto Area Study Military History Common Non-Credit Subjects Common Service Subject - CSS (I to V Semesters) Special Service Subject - SSS (VI Semester) (Based on service of a cadet) Computer Appreciation Course (All Cadets)
17th May 2015, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

I want to join Indian Army as Soldier (Technical) Rank. So I want to get information about eligibility criteria to join Indian Army. So any one is here who tell me information of eligibility criteria to join Indian Army?
17th May 2015, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Here you want to join Indian Army as Soldier (Technical) Rank, so you want to know about eligibility criteria, so here I am providing following detail of eligibility criteria:

Eligibility Criteria for Soldier (Technical)

Pass in 10+2 / Intermediate Exam Pass in Science with Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English with aggregate 50% marks and 40% in each subject.

Age Limit
Age should be between 17 ½ to 23 Yrs

Here I am providing eligibility criteria of some other Ranks of Indian Army for your reference:

Eligibility Criteria for Soldier (General Duty)
Pass in SSLC/Matric with 45% marks in aggregate and 32% in each subject.

No percentage considered in case candidate has passed higher qualification ie 10+2 and above.

Age Limit

Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical
10+2 / Intermediate Exam pass in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science) with 50% marks in aggregate and minimum 40% in each subject

Should have studied and passed English and Maths/Accts/Book Keeping in Cl X or Cl XII with 40% marks in each subject

Age Limit

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in