2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

4th September 2018, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIT Kanpur own Entrance Test

I completed 12th and want to take admission in Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK) searching for entrance test details. Will you tell is IIT Kanpur has its Own Entrance Test if yes provide details so I can apply also provide IIT Kanpur admission details for different courses?
4th September 2018, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Kanpur own Entrance Test

Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public engineering institution located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh

No IIT Kanpur doesnt have its Own Entrance Test

IIT Kanpur admission details for different courses:

B. Tech. and B.S. Programmes:
Admission to these programmes is made once a year in July through Joint Entrance Examination-Main (JEE-Main) and Joint Entrance Examination-Advanced (JEE- Advanced) conducted on an All India level in April and May by CBSE and IITs respectively.

M. Sc. (2-year) and M. Sc. - Ph. D. (Dual Degree) Programmes:
Admission is made once a year through an All India level examination known as 'Joint Admission Test for M. Sc. (JAM)'.

M. B. A. Programme:
Admission is made once a year. A candidate is required to take Common Admission Test (CAT) Examination held in December. Advertisement is released next day of declaration of CAT result. For the detailed procedure in this regard, visit Department of IME, IIT Kanpur.

M. Des. Programme:
Admission is made once a year through the CEED examination.

M. Tech. Programme:
Admission to M. Tech. programmes is normally made twice a year, once in July and again in December.

Ph. D. Programme:
Admission to the Ph. D. programme is generally made in both the semesters in a year, i.e., July and December. One is required to have qualified GATE/UGC/CSIR examination for entry to Ph. D. programmes in Science and Humanities & Social Sciences.

Indian Institute of Technology
Kalyanpur
Kanpur-208016
INDIA

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in