2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th June 2016, 08:36 AM
Unregistered

IIT Bombay Webmail

Hello sir, I am Abhijeet. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the Webmail service offered by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay. Can you help me?
Similar Threads
Thread
IIT Kharagpur Webmail
IIT Roorkee Webmail
Webmail IITD
IITH Webmail
University Of Gla Webmail
Webmail IIT Bombay
DTU Webmail Login
RMLNLU Webmail
ISRO Webmail
JNU Webmail
Webmail Isat
Webmail EE IITB
IITB Webmail
IIT Patna Webmail
IITKGP Webmail
NTPC Webmail
Webmail CUSAT
Webmail IITKGP
Webmail.Iitk.Ac In
SMU Webmail Setup
11th June 2016, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Bombay Webmail

Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay is a type of public engineering institution.
It was formed in the year 1958.
It is located in Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
It is an institute of national importance.

As you have asked about the Webmail service offered by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay, I am giving you information about it
Features of the WEBMAIL services at IITB :

It enables you to access your mailbox from anywhere (inside or outside IITB) via the Internet.
The current access is via SQUIRRELMAIL software with some local modifications.
The interface may be changed or additional ones may be supported in future subject to resource constraints at CC.

Mailbox Size Limit

1000 MB

Printing of emails is not supported. However, the mails can be downloaded to your local PC for printing elsewhere.

The webmail service provides the choice of either normal HTTP logins or secure logins by using SSL.
It uses the same password as the netmon proxy authentication password. It may so happen that those of you who get locked out (for whatever reasons) at netmon proxy may also face problems in email too.

Within IITB campus the service can also be accessed via NETSCAPE, Kmail, Pine, Evolution, OUTLOOK EXPRESS etc using IMAP. Support for IMAP over SSL has been added recently.
However, it may be noted that IMAP based services are not available from outside IITB.

Indian Institute of Technology Bombay

Address:
Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400076
Phone: 022 2572 2545

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in