2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th February 2016, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

IIM Ahmedabad campus area

Hello sir, I am Himanshu Kothari. I want you to help me by providing me some information about the IIM Ahmedabad campus area and also give me some information about it.
Similar Threads
Thread
SVNIT Campus Area
IIT KGP Campus Area
IIT Kharagpur Campus Area
IIT Madras Campus Area
NIT Kurukshetra Campus Area
IIT Patna Campus Area
Campus Area of IIT BHU
DA IICT Campus Area
IIT BHU Campus Area
Campus Area of IIT Delhi
IIT Indore Campus Area
NIT RKL campus area
IIT Kanpur Campus Area
Campus Area of NIT Rourkela
Campus area of NIT srinagar
IIM Calcutta Campus Area
IIT Roorkee Campus Area
MRIU Campus Area
NIT Warangal Campus Area
DTU Delhi campus area
25th February 2016, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IIM Ahmedabad campus area

Indian institute of management Ahmedabad, is atype of public business school.
It was formed in the year 1961.
It is located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
Its main building was designed by American architect Louis Kahn.
The New Campus, an extension stemming from growing needs of the institute, and an underpass connecting the two campuses, has been designed by Bimal Patel.
The IIM is spread over 67 acres of lush greenery in Vastrapur.
The broad airy corridors, the amphitheatre like classrooms and transition spaces in the complex improve interaction among the faculty, students and visitors.
Its contemporary design is responsive to local climate and is now a much admired campus. It has stirred generations of students to achieve excellence while retaining humility.
The highlight of the campus is the Louis Kahn Plaza, the utter magnificence of which has played host to major interactions and celebrations. It is surrounded by the faculty wing, library and classrooms from three sides.
The Institute developed a new campus to accommodate the growth. This was achieved by extending the present campus by a further 39 acres.
The new campus comprises state-of-the-art international management and convention centre along with classrooms, dormitories and ancillary facilities. It has added 5 more classrooms, 12 seminar rooms and an auditorium.
The 2 campuses are separated by a 132' ring road. A pedestrian underpass links the two campuses into a single unit.

The new campus has two major sections:

One section caters to the needs of PGP, PGP-ABM and FPM courses.
The other section is referred to as International Management Development Centre.

There are 4 residential sections parallel to each other. There are three floors which can be accessed by lifts. Each floor has 14 rooms and two syndicate rooms that can accommodate 7 participants.

Indian Institute of Management
Vastrapur, Ahmedabad 380015
Gujarat
INDIA
Fax : +91-79-66324631 / 26306896

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in