2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th December 2014, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IGNOU B.Ed Course Details

Indra Gandhi National Open University offers it's 2 years B.Ed course under School of Education.

Course Duration
The minimum duration of the B.Ed course offered by IGNOU is 2 years & maximum is 4 years.

Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have Bachelor’s or higher degree from a recognized university, AND
Two years full-time regular teaching experience on temporary/permanent basis as Primary/Graduate/Post-Graduate Teachers in Primary, Secondary/Higher/Senior secondary school recognized by the central or a state government or a union territory are eligible to take admission.

The reservation for SC/ST/OBC(Non-Creamy Layer) and other categories shall be per the rules of the Central Government. There shall be relaxation of five percent marks in favour of SC/ST/Kashmiri Migrant and other categories of applicants, if any, as per Govt. of India Rules.

Fee Structure
Applicants has to pay a lump sump payment of entire course Rs.20,000 in the first year only by the way of Demand Draft in favour of IGNOU payable at the city where your Regional Center is situated.

Syllabus
First Year

CourseCode Course Name Credits
ES-331 Curriculum and Instruction 4
ES-332 Psychology of Learning & Development 4
ES-333 Educational Evaluation 4
ES-334 Education and Society 4
ES-335 Teacher and School 4

Second Year

CourseCode Course Name Credits
ES-341 Teaching of Science 4
ES-342 Teaching of Mathematics 4
ES-343 Teaching of Social Studies 4
ES-344 Teaching of English 4
ES-345 Teaching of Hindi 4
ES-361 Educational Technology 4
ES-362 Computer in Education 4
ES-363 Guidance and Counselling 4
ES-364 Distance Education 4
BESE-065 HIV and AIDS Education 4
BESE-066 Adolescence and Family Education 4
ES-381 School-based Practicals 4
ES-382 Workshop-based Practicals 4
ES-383 Practice Teaching 8
ES-346 Teaching of Tamil 4

For detailed information , here is the attachment
Attached Files
File Type: doc IGNOU B.Ed Course Details.doc (28.5 KB, 57 views)
20th March 2015, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

I am appearing for B.Ed examination conducted by IGNOU. So kindly provide me with the syllabus and previous year questions if available along with the other necessary details:
20th March 2015, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Hello user,

Before providing you with the question paper I woulkd like to some to the helpful information summarized as:

1.Eligibility for BEd course:

• The first condition is that you need to have bachelor’s degree from recognized university with at least 55% marks.

• After that you need to have working experience of at least 2 years in teaching profession

2.Application procedure for BEd course:

.You can obtain the prospectus and application from the university counter or by post by paying Rs 550/- through DD drawn under the favor of Registrar of IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, and New Delhi.

.The same can be downloaded from the university website by paying Rs 550/- . The duly field application form should be sent to the university before the due date.

.The Admission will be done Regional Centre-wise on the basis of the score obtained in the entrance test conducted by IGNOU all over India.

.So you are hereby required to submit only the filled-in application form without enclosures.

.Hall Ticket will be provided to the before 15 days of the entrance test.

.The final admission shall be subject to their merit in the entrance test & their eligibility along with original certificates and programme fee.

3.The Entrance Question Paper will be in following pattern….

1.Section-I 10 Questions – 10 Marks

General English Comprehension
OR
General Hindi Comprehension

2.Section II – 20 Questions – 20 Marks

Logical & Analytical Reasoning

3.Section III – 25 Questions – 25 Marks
Educational & General Awareness

4.Section IV – 25 Questions – 25 Marks
Teaching-Learning & the School

* Part – B – 20 Questions – 20 Marks

i) Science
ii) Mathematics
iii) Social Studies
iv) English
v) Hindi

I would like to inform you that IGNOU B.Ed Programme fees is Rs. 13,200/- which is Payable at once at the beginning of the course.

#More more information please contact:

IGNOU,
Maidan Garhi,
New Delhi-110 068

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in