2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

22nd January 2013, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

IAS and IFs

Hello sir i am a student of m.a english i want to know about the last date of form filling ias and ifs
3rd March 2016, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Re: IAS and IFs

Sir I want to know thqt which is the best IAS or IFs so can you tell em the same and details of both the program that is IAS and IFs
3rd March 2016, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS and IFs

Hi friend IAS and IFS both are at different level. IFS is equally tough and challenging as IAS. It depends on your interest and career perspective to choose from. If you want the international approach then you would like to go for IFS and If you want to make the administration of India better you would like to go in the IAS

I am giving you the detail of both of them choose the one that suits you best

IAS

The All India Services comprises Civil Services of India, namely the Indian Administrative Service (IAS)

IAS Officers are trained to handle Government affairs.

This being the main responsibility, every civil servant is assigned to a particular office which deals with policy matters pertaining to that area

The Civil servant has also to represent the Government in another country or in International forums.

Functions

To handle the daily affairs of the government, including framing and implementation
of policy in consultation with the minister-in-charge of the concerned ministry.[13]

Implementation of policy requires supervision.

Implementation requires travelling to places where the policies are being
implemented.

Implementation also includes expenditure of public funds which again requires
personal supervision

At the level of Deputy Secretary, he is even authorized to sign agreements on behalf of the Government.

IFS

The Indian Foreign Service (abbreviated as IFS) is the administrative diplomatic civil service under Group and Group B of the Central Civil Services of the executive branch of the Government of India

Functions

Promoting friendly relations with the receiving state as also its people, including NRI / PIOs;

Reporting accurately on developments in the country of posting which are likely to influence the formulation of India’s policies;

Negotiating agreements on various issues with the authorities of the receiving state; and

Extending consular facilities to foreigners and Indian nationals abroad.

Representing India in its Embassies, High Commissions, Consulates, and Permanent Missions to multilateral organisations like UN;

Protecting India’s national interests in the country of his/her posting.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in