2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th November 2015, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS Exam Tricks

As per your demand I will help you here to get the information about IAS exam tricks and study material so that you can have idea about it.

Here I’m telling you some tricks for both the exams

For Preliminary Examination:

The students should focus on standard books, they can find the information for the same easily on the internet

You should revise the books at least once, so that you retain the topics

The questions for polity, economy, and modern history are relatively easy.

So make sure that you are thorough with these subjects so as not to miss out on the questions from these areas

The topics environment, culture, science and technology are amongst the difficult areas and can't be neglected in the pattern

Most importantly read the questions very carefully in the exam and do not be in any hurry to answer

For Main Examination:

Read all spapers everyday without fail is essential

It is better to keep notes from spapers for various topics mentioned in the syllabus

Everything is consolidated and it gets easier to revise at the end

All the sub-topics mentioned in the syllabus should be covered so that if any question comes from any of the topics you can have idea about it.

For this answer writing should be practiced regularly and joining a test series for the same will help you immensely

Here I have some names of the books which help you to prepare for IAS exams

Preparing Smartly for UPSC Civil Services Exam: How to prepare for one of the toughest examination of the world Kindle Edition

Magbook General Science

UPSC- IAS Syllabus(Preliminary and Main)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in