2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th April 2015, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

IARI Nilgiris

Will you please tell me is the Regional Station of Indian Agricultural Research Institute located in Nilgiris, if yes than provide me there contact details and the address of it? What are the courses offered by the Indian Agricultural Research Institute Nilgiris Regional Station?
Similar Threads
Thread
Iari sem
Sbi iari
PDF In IARI
Nrl iari
Pgs iari
IARI-Wellington Nilgiris
Iari goa
IARI P Hd
Iari pg
Iari wtc
Iari ug
Rti iari
Iari
Srf job in iari
Jdr iari
Dfr iari
What is The Aim Of Iari
Iari rti
Wtc iari
Colleges in Ooty Nilgiris
9th May 2018, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

Re: IARI Nilgiris

I want to know the Regional Station of ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute in Nilgiris so can you tell me?
9th May 2018, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IARI Nilgiris

The station located in a breath holding picturesque valley of Wellington in the Nilgiri district of Tamil Nadu state in India was established during 1954 under "Coordinated Wheat Rust Control Scheme" of ICAR.

This station played a very significant role in carrying forward the green revolution in India as seed of CIMMYT dwarf wheat varieties brought first time from Mexico was multiplied here in summer of 1962 and the same seed was used for laying out small scale demonstrations in 1962-63 rabi season at Delhi.

The wheat scientists in India used Wellington centre to screen their materials for disease resistance, advancing generations, initial seed multiplication of important strains and for making fresh crosses.

The Mandates of the Station are:

Organization of national off - season nursery mainly for wheat, barley and triticale. Facilities are also extended to other crops namely mustard, pea, lentil, safflower, sugarcane etc.

Breeding disease resistant and high yielding wheat cultivars suitable for cultivation under agro - ecological conditions of southern hills

Wheat rust pathotyping and rust resistance gene postulation

Pyramiding of genes for durable rust resistance in popular high yielding Indian wheat cultivars

Popularisation of rust resistant cultivars in southern hill ranges with a purpose to curtail reservoir of primary rust inoculum responsible for rust epiphytotics in peninsular and central India

Discerning genetics of rust resistance in Indian wheat germplasm through phenotyping rust response using pathotypes prevailing in southern hills, central and peninsular India

Co-ordination of All India Wheat & Barley Improvement Trials in southern hill zone.

Contact-

IARI
Wellington, Tamil Nadu 643202
011 2584 7649

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in