2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th December 2014, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Re: HPAS Pre Exam Syllabus

HPAS is HP Administrative Services Combined Competitive Exam and this exam consists of three phases. Here I am giving you syllabus and study material for Pre exam.
Exam Pattern:
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Exam and
3. Viva-Voce respectively

Syllabus of Preliminary Examination:
Paper I: General Studies (200 Marks) – 100 Questions
Paper II: Aptitude Test (200 Marks) – 100 Questions
Syllabus of Study for Preliminary Examination:

Paper I: General Studies
History; Geography; Current Affairs of National and International Importance; Art & Culture; Socio-Economic Development of Himachal Pradesh; Environmental Issues relating to Bio Diversity and Climate Change; Indian Polity and Governance and General Science
Paper II: Aptitude Test
LR and Analytical Ability; Decision Making and Problem Solving; General Mental Ability; Interpersonal Skills; Basic Numeracy; Comprehension Based Questions; Data Sufficiency and Data Interpretation of Class 10th level

Books for preparation of HPAS pre examination:

Indian Polity 4th Edition
Author - M. Lakshmikant
Publication- McGraw Hills Education: 2012

Indian Economy: For Civil Services Examinations 5th Edition
Author - Ramesh Singh
Publication- McGraw Hills Education: 2013

Geography of India 4 Edition
Author - Majid Husain
Publication- McGraw Hills Education: 2013

History of Modern India 1st Edition
Author - Bipan Chandra
Publication- Orient Blackswan: 2009

India 2013
Author -Govt. of India (Ministry of information broadcasting)
Publication- Publication Division: 2013

Oxford School Atlas (With CD)
Author - Oxford University Press
Publication- OUP : 2013

India 2014
Author -Govt. of India (Ministry of information broadcasting)
Publication- Publication Division: 2013

Economic Survey 2013 - 14 (Set of 2 Volumes) (English)
Author -Govt. of India (Ministry finance)
Publication- Oxford University Press
8th March 2015, 10:13 AM
rahul3402

HPAS syllabus and detailed pattern is given on Go Sarkari. Just search GoSarkari on google
Happy to Help!
18th May 2015, 08:44 AM
Unregistered

I want to crack HPAS Pre Exam . Will you please provide the Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services Combined Competitive Preliminary Exam Syllabus for preparation ?
18th May 2015, 08:44 AM
Super Moderator

As you are looking for the Himachal Pradesh Administrative Services Combined Competitive Preliminary Exam Syllabus , here I am providing same for you .

Paper –I General Studies: This paper shall be of 200 marks and there shall be 100 objective type (Multiple choice) questions

Current events of national and international physical, social, economic geography of India and the world. Indian polity and governance – Constitution, political system, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues, etc. Economic and social development – sustainable development poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives, etc.

History, geography, political, art & culture and socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh. Current events of national and international socio economic development of Himachal Pradesh.

General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate Change – that do not require subject specialization and
General sciencPaper -II Aptitude Test.

Paper -II Aptitude Test:
This paper shall be of 200 marks and in this paper there shall be 100 objective type (multiple choice) questions from the Comprehension, Logical reasoning and analytical ability, Interpersonal skills including communication skills, Decision making and problem solving.

General mental ability, Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level). English Language comprehension skills (Class X level).

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in