2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th November 2014, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Marine Engineer after doing Mechanical Engineering?

I have completing my Mechanical Engineering and now I want to join the Marine Engineer? Please tell me can I eligible for this? Tell me How to become a Marine Engineer after doing Mechanical Engineering?
Similar Threads
Thread
Marine Engineering after B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
Marine Engineer College
SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical Engineering Syllabus
SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical Engineering Book
B.E Marine Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Which has Better Scope
Papers for BHEL Engineer Trainee Mechanical Engineering
After Diploma in Mechanical, can I get into Marine Engineering
Government Executive Engineer after Mechanical Engineering
Marine Engineering Colleges After Diploma in Mechanical
Want to join marine engineering after BE Mechanical
Paper for Junior Engineer Mechanical Engineering
How to become Marine Engineer after XII
Required % for Marine Engineering after Polytechnic (Mechanical)
Marine Engineering Courses and colleges After B.E Mechanical
LBS Marine & Research institute in Mumbai Marine engineering course admission details
Mechanical Engineering Syllabus of RRB Junior Engineer
SSC Junior Engineer Mechanical Engineering previous year question papers
Mechanical Engineer by distance mode after 3 year aircraft maintenance engineering co
Syllabus of Mechanical Engineering for RRB junior engineer exam
Marine Engineering after Mechanical Engineering
28th November 2014, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How to become a Marine Engineer after doing Mechanical Engineering?

As you say that you have completing Mechanical Engineering and want to join Marine Engineer. You are eligible for this course. You can do the marine engineer using your mechanical engineering degree.

Mechanical and Marine engineering courses have several subjects in common and this makes it easier for a mechanical engineer to get an additional degree in marine.

There is some benefit for you pursuing a marine engineering degree after mechanical engineering.

You don’t have to go through the four years of rigorous engineering training which a marine engineer (Graduate Marine Engineering GME) has to go through.

A one year Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) course after mechanical engineering would give students the license to enter merchant navy.

This one year GME course is all you need to become a marine engineer after doing mechanical engineering.

Details regarding course:

Duration : One year
Course starts : 1st January, February, March, June, September, October and December every year.

ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION:

The applicants must have Indian Nationality

The applicants must have complete B.E. ( Mechanical / Naval Architecture / Automation) with minimum 55-60% mark in aggregate of all the semesters from an AICTE approved Institution.

The applicants Age not exceeding 28 years of the year of admission with a healthy and robust constitution.

The applicants must have Minimum 50% marks in English in Std. X / XII.

Eye Sight: 6/6 or 6/12 in each eye or 6/18 in one eye and 6/9 in the better eye.

Normal colour vision ( tested by Ishihara test chart ) and no colour blindness.

Medical Fitness : Medically fit for sea service.
4th December 2014, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

How to become a Marine Engineer after doing Mechanical Engineering?

I have completed my B.E Mechanical degree course and I want to take admission in the marine engineering course? Please tell me about its eligibility? And its fee structure?
4th December 2014, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Re: How to become a Marine Engineer after doing Mechanical Engineering?

As you say that you want join the Marine Engineer after doing Mechanical Engineering. It’s very good. The best part of pursuing a marine engineering degree after mechanical engineering is that you don’t have to go through the four years of rigorous engineering training.
The one year Graduate Marine Engineering (GME) course after mechanical engineering would give students the license to enter merchant navy.
Eligibility Criteria
Graduation in BE (Mechanical) Engineering / Naval Architecture with minimum marks of 50% in final year

The applicant must have minimum 50% marks in English language at 10th or 12th or in Degree Exam

The applicant must not be more than 28 years old

You are also asking for the fee required for this course. Here I am providing you the approximate fee required for this course. This is as follows:

Fee structure:

1,85,500 Rs. (First sem.)
90,500 Rs. (Second sem.)
1,50,750 Rs. (Third sem.)
93,550 Rs. (Fourth sem.)
1,50,625 Rs. (Fifth sem.)
88,000 Rs. (Sixth sem.)
1,50,625 Rs. (Seventh sem.)
85,500 Rs. (Eighth sem.)

Tags
mechanical engineering

Quick Reply