2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th July 2018, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Re: Hostel in NIT Kurukshetra

Can you tell me in detail about the Hostel facility offered for Girls in NIT (National Institute of Technology), Kurukshetra as I am planning to admit my child in it?
17th July 2018, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Hostel in NIT Kurukshetra

The Girls hostel in NIT (National Institute of Technology), Kurukshetra has the total capacity of 610 seats for B. Tech and Post graduate students. All are well maintained and equipped with the facilities.

Alaknanda Bhawan
Initially, in 1986, old block of Alaknanda Bhawan was established with total capacity of 30 seats having 10 rooms in all. New block was added to it in 1990, having capacity of 90 seats, giving total capacity of Alaknanda Bhawan as 120 seats. The hostel accommodates girls students of B. Tech 1st year.

There is 1 lady resident warden & 1 matron who are residing within the hostel premises. Mess facility is available which is being run on cooperative basis, looked after by one mess supervisor and other mess workers.

There is Badminton court and I-net centre. The hostel has its own office room equipped with computer and printer.

Immediate medical attention is given to one falling sick. One has the access to the hostel canteen and is provided with the facilities like water cooler, water purifier system, and deep freezer, common room equipped with furniture and colour TV and other.

Cauvery Bhawan

Cauvery Bhawan is having 292 rooms (single seated). Common room facilities include newspapers, magazines, indoor games and a color television set.
Hostel is equipped with intercom and BSNL landline facility and phone, free of cost for incoming calls only. Hostel mess is run on co-operative basis with the assistance of the students in the form of a mess committee under the overall supervision of MMCA, clerks and wardens.
Membership is compulsory for one residing in the hostel. Students of the hostel are provided with the facilities of deep freezer, water coolers and LPG connection managed by staff of the hostel.
All the rooms in the hostel are provided with furniture, ceiling fan and WI-FI connection. It is having its own canteen providing day to day use commodities and snacks, accessible to all the girl students staying in the hostel.

Bhagirathi Bhawan

Bhagirathi Bhawan, the second Girls Hostel in NIT, Kurukshetra, was established in 2006. It comprises of 4 wings having total of 198 rooms (single seated) and it accommodates the post graduate (M. Tech, MBA, MCA) students of NIT, Kurukshetra.

It has big lawns covering the front and back portion of the hostel. In addition, it has different wings with a beautiful garden that is well maintained by the gardeners. Besides, it has a well-furnished Computer Room (I-Net Centre) and T.V. Room within the premises. Moreover, the LAN connection is set up for the convenience of the girls.

Apart from the above said facilities a Canteen is also there in it itself providing healthy hygienic food at reasonable rate. A clean furnished dining space has been provided to the residents of the hostel.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in