2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th June 2015, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Gujarat University For Engineering

As you are looking for the B.E Automobile engineering semester 4 syllabus of Gujarat Technological University , here I am providing same for you .

1.Different forms of structures
Structures: Arches, cables, framed structure, continuum structures, plate and grid
structures, membrane and net structures, displacement of statically determinate
beams and trusses, double integration method, Macaulay’s method, Conjugate beam
method, Unit load method, Castigliano’s 1st theorem

2. Combined flexural and direct stress
Combined flexural and direct stress, core of a section, Application of combined stress: wind pressure on wall and chimneys, water pressure on dams, earth pressure on retaining walls

3. Torsion of cylindrical shaft
Torsional shearing stress and strain, Torsion formula, Power transmission, composite shaft, strain energy in torsion, torsion combined with bending, torsion of tapered shaft combined with bending, shear and thrust, torsion of flange coupling

4. Column and strut
Short and long columns, Euler’s theory, Rankine-Gorden formula, IS code formula,
effect of initial curvature, laterally loaded column

5. Beams curved in Plan
Transversely loaded circular beams, quarter circular and semi circular beams supported on equally spaced supports fixed at one support

6. Unsymmetrical bending
Unsymmetrical bending, principal moment of inertia, bending stresses, shear centre

7. Curved Beams
Stresses in curved beams, Rings under load, stresses in rings, hooks and chain links

8. Structural Connections
Basic joint geometries, types of connections: bolted and welded, connections amongst
beams, columns and brackets

Reference Books:
1. Analysis of Structures Vol. I & II by V. N. Vazirani and M.M. Patwari, Khanna
Publishers
2. Mechanics of Structures Vol. I & II by S.B. Junarkar and H. J. Shah,
3. Strength of Materials & Theory of Structures Vol. I & II by B.C. Punamiya
4. Mechanics of Materials by James P. Gere, Stephen P. Timoshenko, PWS Publishing
Co.
5. Mechanics of Solids by Abdul Mubeen, Pearson Education P. Ltd

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in