2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th June 2018, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Re: Government of Meghalaya Information Technology Department

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Information About the Department of Information Technology And Communication of the Government of Meghalaya ?
26th June 2018, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Government of Meghalaya Information Technology Department

The Government of Meghalaya created the Department of Information Technology (D.I.T.) in May, 2001 with a view of making available the benefits of Information and Communication Technology to all citizens, especially the poor and disadvantaged section of the population, businesses and Government employees and all other stakeholders.

Vision

To effectively leverage I.C.T. (Information and Communication Technology) for the State's overall development and focus on I.T. dissemination and usage as a crucial engine of economic growth and as a tool for increasing productivity, effectiveness, speed and transparency in governance leading to improved quality of life for the common man, businesses and internal Governmental agencies.

Mission /Major Objectives and Goals

Leverage I.C.T. to make G2C (Goernment to Citizens) ,G2B (Government to Business), G2E (Govnment to Employee), G2G (Government to Government) services easily accessible to the common man and to ensure efficiency, transparency and reliability of such services at affordable costs.
Stimulate investment and growth in the I.T./ I.T.E.S. and high-end technology Sector through suitable policy initiatives
Bridging the digital divide by I.C.T. dissemination among the state citizenry
Developing Human Resources for I.T. and I.T.E.S.

Services Offered by the Department

To provide coordination in planning and implementation of I.T. Sector Projects involving more than one Department
To recommend suitable guidelines and instructions to various Departments for promotion of I.T. in the State.
To recommend guidelines on purchases of software and hardware as well as after sale services and maintenance and specification of ergonomic furniture.
To function as a high level/ empowered Committee for clearance of Centrally Sponsored Schemes/ Projects.
To increase efficiency and effectiveness of Government through e-Governance initiatives
Overall guidance and consistency in plan, policy and project implementation accross State Government Units through SeM.T..

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in