2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th November 2014, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Re: ESIC Pharmacist Exam syllabus?

As you want to get the syllabus of upcoming ESIC Pharmacist Exam so, here for you I am providing you the same.

Syllabus:

Paper I: This paper consist of multiple choice questions of objective type. The duration of the Examination is two hours (from 10.00 a.m. to 12 noon).

Paper is divided in to four parts which will be as under-

1. Numerical Ability – 50 Marks,

2. English Language – 50 Marks,

3. General Intelligence – 50 Marks

4. General Awareness – 50 Marks.

Paper II: This paper is based on Computer Skill Test and syllabus:

Candidates, who have qualified in Paper-I will be called for Paper-II. The ESI Corporation reserves the right to admit, only that much number of candidates as considered necessary by it for Paper II.

The Computer Skill Test consists of three parts:

1. Preparation of two Power Point Presentations/Slides on MS-Power Point – 10 Marks.

2. Typing a letter/passage/paragraph of about 150-200 words in MS-Word – 20 Marks.

3. Preparation of Table/Database in MS-Excel – 20 Marks.

The total marks of the Computer Skill Test shall be 50 (Fifty).

The duration of the test is 30 minutes.

Note: For complete details on eligibility for LDC, Staff Nurse & Pharmacist, read the official site of ESIC.

Here am providing you the question papers of the ESIC Pharmacist Exam.

Que-The nurse can prevent the contamination from Mrs. Jacinta's retention catheter by:
a) Irrigating the catheter
b) Perineal cleansing
c) Encouraging fluids
d) Cleansing around the meat us periodically (Preparation Tips for Written Exam)

Que- Which of the following activities would cause her a risk in the increase of intracranial pressure?
a) Exercise
b) Coughing
c) Turning
d) Sleeping

Que- Which of the following can be exact multiple of 4?
a) 27114
b) 58204
c) 48402
d) 32286
e) None of these

Que-Greedy
a) Honest
b) Foolish
c) Mighty
d) Cruel

Que- Garampani sanctuary is located at
a) Junagarh, Gujarat
b) Diphu, Assam
c) Kohima, Nagaland
d) Gangtok, Sikkim

I think that this will helpful to you…….
28th February 2015, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

I want to get ESIC Pharmacist Exam syllabus for doing preparation so will you please provide me that ?
28th February 2015, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

As you want to get ESIC Pharmacist Exam syllabus for doing preparation so here I am giving you same:’

PHARMACEUTICS –I
Theory (75 hours)
1. Introduction of different dosage forms. Their classification with examples-their relative applications.
Familiarisation with new drug delivery systems.
2. Introduction to Pharmacopoeias with special reference to the Indian Pharmacopoeia.
3. Metrology–Systems of weights and measures. Calculations including conversion from one to another system.
Percentage calculations and adjustments of products. Use of alligation method in calculations, Isotonic solutions.
4. Packing of Pharmaceuticals–Desirable features of a container–types of containers. Study of glass and plastics as
materials for containers and rubber as material for closures-their merits and demerits. Introduction to aerosol
packaging.
5. Size reduction Objectives, and factors affecting size reduction, methods of size reduction–Study of Hammer
mill, Ball mill, Fluid Enegy Mill and Disintegrator.
6. Size separation–Size separation by sifting. Official Standard for powders. Sedimentation methods of size
separation. Construction and working of cyclone separator.
7. Mixing and Homogenisation–Liquid mixing and powder mixing, Mixing of semisolids, Study of Silverson
Mixer–Homogeniser, Planetary Mixer; Agitated powder mixer; Triple Roller Mill; Propeller Mixer, Colloid Mill
and Hand Homogeniser. Double cone mixer.
8. Clarification and Filtration –Theory of filtration, Filter media; Filter aids and selection of filters. Study of the
following filtration equipments–Filter Press, Sintered Filters, Filter Candles, Metafilter.
9. Extraction and Galenicals–(a) Study of percolation and maceration and their modification, continuous hot
extraction–Applications in the preparation of tinctures and extracts. (b) Introduction to Ayurvedic dosage forms.
10. Heat processes Evaporation–Definition Factors affecting evaporation –Study of evaporating still and
Evaporating Pan.
11. Distillation–Simple distillation and Fractional distillation; Steam distillation and vacuum distillation. Study of
vacuum still, preparation of Purified Water I.P. and water for injection I.P. Construction and working of the still
used for the same.
12. Introduction to drying processes–Study of Tray Dryers: Fluidized Bed Dryer, Vacuum Dryer and Freeze
Dryer.
13. Sterilization–Concept of sterilization and its differences from disinfection –Thermal resistance of micro–
organisms. Detailed study of the following sterilization process.
(i) Sterilization with moist heat,
(ii) Dry heat sterilization,
(iii) Sterilization by radiation,
(iv) Sterilization by filtration and
(v) Gaseous sterilization.
Aseptic techniques: Application of sterilization processes in hospitals particularly with reference to surgical
dressings and intravenous fluids. Precautions for safe and effective handling of sterilization equipment.

ESIC Pharmacist Exam syllabus

For full syllabus here is the attachment..................................
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ESIC Pharmacist Exam syllabus.pdf (135.1 KB, 288 views)

Last edited by sumit; 10th December 2019 at 11:16 PM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in