2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th August 2016, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Entrance Exam Of TIFR

Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Conducts a Graduate Program Leading to the award of PhD., Integrated M.Sc., Ph.D as well as M.Sc Degree Progrms in following Subjects

Mathematics,
Physics,
Chemistry,
Biology,
Computer and Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability)
Science Education

Eligibility for TIFR Mumbai entrance exam

Mathematics:

For Ph.D: M.A./M.Sc./M.Tech
For I-PhD: B.A./B.Sc./B.E./B.Tech (Students already /completing an M.Sc degree by July 2016 are not eligible)

Physics:
For Ph.D.: M.Sc/M.S in Physics, or equivalent, on completion of programmess of duration not less than 5 years in total
For I-Ph.D.: M.E/M.Tech/B.Sc/B.S./B.E/B.Tech/B.Chemistry in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programmes of duration not less than 3 years in total
In addition - I-PhD candidates with four or more years of university education who clear the written test may be considered by TCIS for their PhD program

Chemistry:
For Ph.D: M.Sc./M.Pharm
For PhD: B.Sc/B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharm

Biology:
For PhD: Masters in Basic Science or Bachelors in Applied Science; these include, M.Sc (Ag.), B.Tech, B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma (4 years course), MBBS, BDS, M.Pharma; candidates will be short-listed for interview based on written test marks, CV and Scientific Writeup
For I-PhD/M.Sc: Bachelors in any Basic Science

Admission Procedure at TIFR Mumbai

The admissions procedure (in all subjects, except Science Education) consists of a written test at one of the several nationwide centres, followed by interviews of shortlisted candidates

Contact Details :
Tel: 022-22782629/22782241/22782875
Fax: 022-22804555
Email: gsch@tifr.res.in

Address :

Tata Institute of Fundamental Research,
Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba,
Mumbai 400005, India
4th August 2017, 02:09 PM
spv019999@gmail.com

Re: Entrance Exam Of TIFR

I am student of BSc. final year with botany and chemestry . TO apply for MSc. with chemestry , IS math is required as a subject in intermediate

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in