2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th December 2014, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Details of becoming IPS Officer

What should I do to opt for Inplant Training in Automobile?

How can I become an IPS officer? I want to become a Gazetted Officer

Details of becoming IPS Officer

Can you tell me the process of becoming the IPS or the Indian Police Service officer as I want to pursue as my career?

Question is missing

Answer:
IPS or the Indian Police Service is one of the most prestigious services in India. It is one of the three All India Services of the Government of India The IPS Exam is part of the Civil Services Exam conducted by the UPSC and not separate.

IPS Exam Eligibility

One must be minimum 21 years of age at the time of filling the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam form and maximum 30 years of age (various relaxations are available for different categories).

One must possess a graduate degree in any discipline of any of the Universities recognized in India or possess an equivalent qualification.

Those who are in the final semester or have taken their final degree exam but are awaiting the results can also appear for the IPS Preliminary exam provided they furnish their proof of degree while filling the Mains form.

Physical Requirements for IPS

Candidates on clearing the civil services mains exam have to meet certain physical requirements to be eligible for IPS:

Minimum height of 165 cm for Men and 150 cm for Women (minimum height is relaxable to 160 and 145 cm for Men and Women respectively in the case of candidates belonging to ST and to races such as Gorkhas, Garhwalias, Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland Tribals etc.)

Min Chest girth fully expanded: 84 cm for Men and 79 cm for Women. Expansion of 5 cm for Men and Women.

Total amount of Myopia (including the cylinder) should not exceed minus 4.00 D and total amount of Hypermetropia (including the cylinder) should not exceed plus 4.00 D
Presence of Squint is a disqualification.

Better eye (corrected vision) Worse eye
Distant vision 6/6 or 6/9 6/12 or 6/9
Near vision J1 J2
Corrections permitted spectacles
Color vision requirements High grade
Binocular vision needed Yes

Career options

Hierarchy( In descending order from top to bottom) in the IPS line up:

Director General of Police (Top Most Post)
Inspector General of Police
Deputy Inspector General of Police
Additional Commissioner of Police (Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur, Thane)
Superintendent of Police in selection grade with 13+ years of service
Additional Superintendent of Police
Assistant Superintendent in charge of sub-division
IPS Probationer

Attached Files
File Type: pdf IPS Exam Question Paper.pdf (1.30 MB, 64 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in