2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th November 2016, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Corporation Bank Exam Model Question Paper in Tamil

The previous year question paper of Corporation Bank PO (Probationary Officer) Post exam is as follows:

Q.1-5. Rearrange the following five sentences (A), (B), (C), (D) and (E) in the paper sequence to form a meaningful paragraph; then answer the questions given below them.
(A) “What a waste of my tax money”, I thought, walking past the people having free Californian Chardonnay.
(B) “Speak to her”, he said , “She’s into books”,
(C) The friend who had brought me there noticed my noticed my noticing her.
(D) In late 2003, I was still paying taxes in America, so it horrified me that the US Consulate was hosting a “Gallo drinking appreciation event”.
(E) Behind them, a pianist was playing old film tunes, and a slim short woman was dancing around him.

Q.1, Which of the following would be the FOURTH sentence ?
(1) A
(2) B
(3) C
(4) D
(5) E
Q.2, Which of the following would be the FIRST sentence ?
(1) A
(2) B
(3) C
(4) D
(5) E
Q.3, Which of the following would be the FIFTH (LAST) sentence ?
(1) A
(2) B
(3) C
(4) D
(5) E
Q.4, Which of the following would be the SECOND sentence ?
(1) A
(2) B
(3) C
(4) D
(5) E
Q.5, Which of the following would be the THIRD sentence ?
(1) A
(2) B
(3) C
(4) D
(5) E

Q.6-10. In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
The right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act, 2009, which came (206) effects in April this year, is meant to transform the education sector and take India closer to the goal of universal schooling. But with admissions to the new academic session just (207) the corner, it is fast becoming clear that (208) well-intentioned ideas into (209) will take some doing. For a start, the guidelines for admission under the RTE prohibit schools from conducting any sort of student profiling The stress on a random yet justifiable admission process means that school will have to resort to something as quirky as a lottery system. However, leaving admission to a good school to pure (210) will only incentivise manipulations, defeating the very essence of RTE.
The main problem facing the education sector is that of a resource sector is that of a resource crunch. The provisions for ensuring universal access to education are all very well, (211) we have the infrastructure in place first Brick and mortar schools need to precede open admission and not the (212) way around. In that sense legislaors’ assessment of ground realities is (213) target when they endorse the closure of tens of thousands of low-cost private schools for not meeting the minimum standards of land plot, building specifications and playground area as laid out in the RTE Act. Instead of bearing down (214) on private schools failing to conform to abstract bureaucratic criteria, efforts to bring about universal education should focus on upgrading and expanding the exisiting government school infrastructure to accommodate all. Only then can we ensure the much- eeded supply-demand (215) in the education sector.
Q.6. (1) with
(2) for
(3) on
(4) into
(5) in
Q.7. (1) around
(2) near
(3) into
(4) about
(5) reaching
Q.8. (1) forming
(2) translating