2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th March 2016, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Contrapositive LSAT

Hi I would like to know what exactly Contrapositive means with regards to the LSAT examination preparation and an example of the type of question?
Similar Threads
Thread
LSAT Cut Off
U Of Mn LSAT
Jmu lsat
Should I Take The LSAT More Than Once
NYU Law LSAT
Lsat nz
Lsat iu
LSAT Given
Jd mba lsat
Tjsl lsat tls lsat
Lsat va
TRU law LSAT
Mba lsat
LSAT Changes
LSAT Test Ohio LSAT Oil
Everything I Need To Know About The LSAT
HKU Law LSAT
LSAT What Is It
Lsat ttu
Lsat nb
10th March 2016, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Contrapositive LSAT

LSAT Contrapositive

Shaping the contrapositive can get you brisk focuses on the LSAT. Will you get the point right, as well as you'll spare a considerable measure of time you can utilize later when you handle the hard inquiries.

Investigate the accompanying inquiry:

Mary: My organization doesn't regard my time. I am relied upon to work extended periods and weekends with no additional remuneration given for my diligent work. On the off chance that I don't get a raise by Tuesday, I'm stopping.

Which one of the accompanying can be gathered from Mary's announcements?

(A) Mary's organization is understaffed.

(B) If Mary is as yet working after Tuesday, she got a raise.

(C) If Mary gets a raise, she's going to continue working extend periods of time.

(D) If Mary stops after Tuesday, she should not have gotten a raise.

(E) If Mary keeps on working weekends, she will stop soon.

To begin with, by perusing the inquiry before perusing the jolt, you know you are searching for a deduction. Second, as you read the jolt, the contingent if-then proclamation ought to bounce out at you. You recognize what to do with these announcements — reword them and make sense of the contrapositive:

Reword: If no raise, then quit (not R –> Q)

Contrapositive: Not stop, then raise (not Q –>R)

Presently you know you're searching for a circumstance where Mary doesn't stop. That is the forerunner of the contrapositive. Since you've made your prephrase, rapidly examine the primary parts of the answer decisions.

Answers (B) and (E) are the main decisions that begin with Mary not stopping. Perceive what amount of time you spared as of now? By framing the contrapositive and filtering for an answer decision that begins right, you contracted it down to two decisions almost immediately.

(B) looks simply like the contrapositive. On the off chance that Mary is as yet working after Tuesday, she probably got her raise. (E) is not all that solid. Mary keeps on working, however no notice is made of a raise. On the off chance that this were the real test, you ought to check (B) and proceed onward. Decision (B) is the contrapositive, so it must be right. Why waste time perusing alternate decisions? Since this isn't the real test, be that as it may, and you require however much practice as could reasonably be expected, we should consider alternate decisions.

(An) is out of extension. The contention never discusses staffing.

Decision (C) denies the predecessor. We realize this is an error, so it can't be correct. Mary said that she would stop on the off chance that she didn't get a raise. Be that as it may, that doesn't imply that she won't stop for some other reason regardless of the fact that she gets a raise.

Decision (D) certifies the ensuing. We know this is a false notion, so it must not be right. Once more, there could in any case be different reasons why Mary would need to stop, regardless of the possibility that she gets a raise.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in