2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th December 2015, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

Ch 103 IITB

Hello buddy here I have come to get info about on Course details of CH 103 – Chemistry and TUTORIAL SHEETS offered at IITB (IIT Bombay)???
Similar Threads
Thread
Iitb epm
Mea iitb
Iitb cc
Me 201 iitb
Sop iitb
Mm 207 iitb
SPI Lab IITB
IITB MBA Cut Off
Kvv iitb
Oat iitb
Iitb cen
Me iitb
Iitb cms
Jkv iitb
Ee 225 iitb
Iitb pg
Tcs iitb
Me 113 IITB
IITB Phd
Me 209 iitb
9th December 2015, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Ch 103 IITB

As you want here I am telling you Course details of CH 103 – Chemistry offered at IITB

Course Name Chemistry
Total Credits 6
Type T
Lecture 6
Tutorial 1
Practical 0
Selfstudy 0
Half Semester N
Prerequisite Nil

Text Reference
P.W.Atkins, Physical Chemistry, Oxford University Press, 7th Edition, 2006. G.M.Barrow, Physical Chemistry, 5th Edition, Tata McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 1992. D.A.McQuarrie and J.D. Simon, Physical Chemistry - a molecular approach, Viva Books Pvt. Ltd. ( 1998 ). R.T.Morrison and R.N. Boyd, Organic Chemistry, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., 5th Ed, 1990 L. G. Wade, Organic Chemistry, Pearson Education 6th Ed, 2006. G. Solomons and C. Fryhle, Organic Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons (Asia) Pte Ltd. M.J.Sienko and R.A.Plane, Chemical Principles and Applications, McGraw Hill, 1980. J.D.Lee, Concise Inorganic Chemistry, 4th Edition, ELBS, 1991. D.D.Ebbing, General Chemistry, Houghton Miffin Co., 1984.

Description
Schrodinger equation (origin of quantization), Born interpretation of wave function, Hydrogen atom: solution to Φ-part, MO theory: atomic and molecular orbitals, Structure, bonding and energy levels of diatomic molecules. Examples N2, O2, CO and HF, Configuration, molecular chirality and isomerism, Conformation of alkanes and cycloalkanes, Reactivity of carbonyl group (addition reactions, reactions due to acidic proton, addition-elimination reactions and reactivity of acid halide, ester and amide), Functional group interconversions involving oxidation and reduction, Periodic properties: trends in size, electron affinity, ionization potential and electronegativity, Use of Ellingham diagram and thermodynamics in the extraction of elements, Transition metal chemistry: inorganic complexes, bonding theories, magnetism, bonding aspects and structural distortion, Bioinorganic chemistry: storage and transport proteins, Catalysis: hydrogenation, hydroformylation and olefin metathesis.

DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY IIT Bombay CH - 103: Chemistry I TUTORIAL SHEETS

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in