2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th July 2015, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Re: CDS Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria

Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

Eligibility Criteria:
1. Nationality:

Candidates must be
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) A subject of Nepal, or
(c) A subject of Bhutan, or
(d) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(e) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Age Limit:
For IMA: Unmarried male applicants born not earlier than 2nd January, 1991 and not later than 1st January 1996.

For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male applicants born not earlier than 2nd January, 1991 and not later than 1st January,1996.

For Air Force Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1992 and not later than 1st January, 1996.

For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 and not later than 1st January, 1996.

For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible.

Educational Qualification:
For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Applicants must have degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

For Indian Naval Academy: Applicants must have degree in Engineering from a recognized university/institution.

For Air Force Academy: Applicants must have degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Scheme of Examination:
Subject Marks
English 100
General Knowledge 100
Elementary Mathematics 100
Total 300

Contact Details:
Union Public Service Commission
UPSC,
Man Singh Road Area,
New Delhi,
Delhi 110069
India
20th May 2020, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: CDS Entrance Exam Eligibility Criteria

Eligibility Criteria

1. Physical Criteria
1. Candidates must be physically and mentally fit according to prescribed physical standards for admission to CDS (I) & CDS (II) 2020

2. A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply

3. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of the forearm, i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand

4. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis

5. The concessions are not applicable for Air Force Height and Weight standards are mentioned i the official notification for Army and Navy only. Interpolation for weights against height not mentioned may be done

Nationality:

(i) a Citizen of India,

Educational Qualification:

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy-Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.

3. For Air Force Academy-Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Age limit:

Candidate below 25 years of age must be unmarried.

Scheme of Examination:

Subject Marks

English 100

General Knowledge 100

Elementary Mathematics 100

Total 300

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in