2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th May 2018, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Re: Calicut University B Ed Admission

Can you tell me about the eligibility requirement for admission in B. Ed (Bachelor of Education) programme offered by University of Calicut as I want to check if I am eligible?
18th May 2018, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Calicut University B Ed Admission

The University of Calicut started the B. Ed programme on sessional basis from the year 1982. Now it is a full time programme on regular basis at its 11 Centres with optional subjects in Mathematics, Physical Science, Natural Science, Computer Science, Social Science, Commerce, Arabic, English, Urdu, Tamil, Malayalam and Sanskrit

Eligibility for Admission

I. For optional except Commerce and Computer Science Education:
i)
BA/B.Sc. Degree of the University of Calicut or a degree recognized as equivalent thereto under 10+2+3 pattern with minimum of 50% marks for Part III. One not having 50% marks in Part III of the degree course can also apply provided possess 50% marks in the Post Graduate Degree. However, BA/B.Com a degree holder under Liberalized Scheme of this University is eligible to apply, provided one is otherwise eligible.

ii)
SC/ST candidates, natives of Lakshadweep and applicants under Teacher Quota need only a pass in the Degree exam.

iii)
Relaxation of 5% marks for OEC and 3% for OBC candidates is allowed from the minimum required marks i.e. OEC candidates need only 45% and OBC candidates 47% of marks.

II. For Commerce optional:

i)
One should have passed M.Com Degree of the University of Calicut or a degree recognized as equivalent thereto with a minimum of 50% marks.

ii)
SC/ST candidates, natives of Lakshadweep and applicants under Teacher Quota need a mere pass in the qualifying examination.

iii)
Relaxation of 5% marks for OEC and 3% for OBC candidates is allowed from the minimum required marks i.e. OEC candidates need 45% and OBC candidates 47% of marks.

III. For Computer Science Education optional:

i)
One should have passed MCA/MSc. Computer Science/MSc Electronics of the University of Calicut or a Degree recognized as equivalent thereto with a minimum of 50% marks.

ii)
SC/ST candidates, natives of Lakshadweep and applicants under teacher quota need a mere pass in the qualifying exam.

iii)
Relaxation of 5% marks for OEC and 3% for OBC candidates will be allowed from the minimum required marks i.e. OEC candidates need 45% and OBC candidates 47% of marks.

IV) One opted as optional subject for the B. Ed course only the main subject in which they have passed the B.A/ B. Sc. degree with the following exemptions.

a)
Graduates in History/Geography/Economics/Political Science/IslamicHistory/Sociology/ Philosophy/Psychology will be eligible for admission to B.Ed. Course with Social Science as optional subject.

b)
Graduates in Statistics with Mathematics as one of the subsidiary subjects and candidates possessing B. Sc. applied statistics Degree will be eligible for admission to B. Ed. Course with Mathematics as optional subject.

c)
Graduates in Home Science/Geology with Physics/Chemistry as subsidiary subjects are eligible for admission to Physical Science and those with Botany/Zoology/Life Science as subsidiary subjects is eligible for admission with Natural Science as optional Subject for the B.Ed. Course.

d)
One possessing B. Sc. Bio-Chemistry and B. Sc. Plant Science is eligible for admission to Natural Science optional.

e)
One possessing B. Sc. Polymer Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry Degree is considered for admission to Physical Science optional.

f)
One possessing B. Sc. Agricultural Degree with Bio-Chemistry and Zoology as subsidiaries is eligible for admission to Natural Science optional.

g)
One possessing B. A. Functional English Degree is eligible for B. Ed. admission in English optional.

V)
i)
Categories under IV should secure 50% marks in Part III.

ii)
SC/ST candidates, natives of Lakshadweep and applicants under Teacher Quota need only a pass in the degree examination.

iii)
Relaxation of 5% marks for OEC and 3% for OBC candidates is allowed from the minimum required marks i.e. OEC candidates need only 45% and OBC candidates 47% of marks.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in