venkatraman Mallick

Re: Berhampur University Syllabus For Bsc

I am+3 1st year student so i want syllabus
1st November 2016, 08:13 PM
kartik barad

Kartik barad]I am+3 1st year student so i want syllabus
1st November 2016, 08:14 PM
kartik barad

Kartik barad]I am+3 1st year bsc of berhumpur university student so i want syllabus
21st March 2017, 12:41 PM
biswajeet nayak

i want the ge-1 syllabus of botany on cbcs type
2nd August 2017, 06:11 AM
Unregistered

I want +3 all semesters syllabus of science of botany honours
24th September 2019, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy here I am looking for Berhampur University B.Sc. (Physics) Syllabus to do compare with other university so will you plz provide me same here ??
24th September 2019, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

As you want here I am giving bellow Berhampur University B.Sc. (Physics) Syllabus on your demand:

Semester I
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PHYSICS-DSC A1: MECHANICS
(Credits: Theory-04, Practicals-02) Theory: 40 Classes (1hr duration)
UNIT-I

Vectors: Vector algebra. Scalar and vector products. Derivatives of a vector with respect to time,
gradient, divergence and curl.
Ordinary Differential Equations: 1st order homogeneous differential equations. 2nd order
homogeneous differential equations with constant coefficients.
Laws of Motion: Frames of reference. Newtons Laws of motion. Dynamics of a system of
particles. Centre of Mass.
Momentum and Energy: Conservation of momentum. Work and energy. Conservation of
energy. Motion of rockets.

UNIT-II
Rotational Motion: Angular velocity and angular momentum. Torque. Conservation of angular
momentum.
Gravitation: Newtons Law of Gravitation. Motion of a particle in a central force field (motion
is in a plane, angular momentum is conserved, areal velocity is constant). Keplers Laws
(statement only). Satellite in circular orbit and applications. Geosynchronous orbits. Basic idea
of global positioning system (GPS). Weightlessness. Physiological effects on astronauts.
UNIT-III
Elasticity: Hookes law - Stress-strain diagram - Elastic moduli-Relation between elastic
constants - Poissons Ratio-Expression for Poissons ratio in terms of elastic constants - Work
done in stretching and work done in twisting a wire - Twisting couple on a cylinder -
Determination of Rigidity modulus by static torsion - Torsional pendulum-Determination of
Rigidity modulus and moment of inertia - q, η and σ by Searles method.

UNIT-IV
Oscillations: Simple harmonic motion. Differential equation of SHM and its solutions. Kinetic
and Potential Energy, Total Energy and their time averages. Damped oscillations.
Special Theory of Relativity: Constancy of speed of light. Postulates of Special Theory of
Relativity. Length contraction. Time dilation. Relativistic addition of velocities.

Berhampur University B.Sc. (Physics) Syllabus

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Berhampur University B.Sc. (Physics) Syllabus.pdf (1.66 MB, 109 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in