2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th August 2015, 09:19 AM
rtalasu

Re: B.Sc Syllabus Berhampur University

i want the syllabus of berhampur university fo b.com
2nd December 2019, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the Syllabus for B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) (Physics) Program offered by Berhampur University, Bhanja Bihar as I want to check it before taking admission in it?
2nd December 2019, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

The Syllabus for B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) (Physics) Program offered by Berhampur University, Bhanja Bihar is as follows:

Semester I

PHYSICS-DSC A1: MECHANICS

UNIT-I

Vectors: Vector algebra. Scalar and vector products. Derivatives of a vector with respect to time, gradient, divergence and curl.
Ordinary Differential Equations: 1st order homogeneous differential equations. 2nd order
homogeneous differential equations with constant coefficients.
Laws of Motion: Frames of reference. Newton’s Laws of motion. Dynamics of a system of
particles. Centre of Mass.
Momentum and Energy: Conservation of momentum. Work and energy. Conservation of
energy. Motion of rockets.

UNIT-II
Rotational Motion: Angular velocity and angular momentum. Torque. Conservation of angular momentum.
Gravitation: Newton’s Law of Gravitation. Motion of a particle in a central force field (motion is in a plane, angular momentum is conserved, areal velocity is constant). Kepler’s Laws (statement only). Satellite in circular orbit and applications. Geosynchronous orbits. Basic idea of global positioning system (GPS). Weightlessness. Physiological effects on astronauts.

UNIT-III
Elasticity: Hooke’s law - Stress-strain diagram - Elastic moduli-Relation between elastic
constants - Poisson’s Ratio-Expression for Poisson’s ratio in terms of elastic constants – Work done in stretching and work done in twisting a wire - Twisting couple on a cylinder -
Determination of Rigidity modulus by static torsion - Torsional pendulum-Determination of
Rigidity modulus and moment of inertia - q, η and σ by Searles method.

UNIT-IV
Oscillations: Simple harmonic motion. Differential equation of SHM and its solutions. Kinetic and Potential Energy, Total Energy and their time averages. Damped oscillations.
Special Theory of Relativity: Constancy of speed of light. Postulates of Special Theory of
Relativity. Length contraction. Time dilation. Relativistic addition of velocities.

Note: Students are not familiar with vector calculus. Hence all examples involve differentiation either in one dimension or with respect to the radial coordinate

Syllabus B.Sc. (Physics) Program Berhampur University

Last edited by sumit; 2nd December 2019 at 09:58 AM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in