2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th October 2014, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator

Re: BCA Graduates Eligible For SSC Exams

Yes definitely after completing BCA through distance education you are eligible for the SSC exams.
SSC exams list
CPO (S.I) Exam - Central Police Organisations (S.I) Exam

SSC-CGLE - Combined Graduate Level Exam

SSC CHSL Exam - Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam

S.S.C. JE - Junior Engineer (CPWD) Exam

JT Exam - Junior Translator (CSOL) Exam

Eligibility
Age -
Generally, the age limits are 18 to 27 years on the crucial date.

Education –
Educational Qualifications for various posts vary from Matric to Graduates.

The Staff Selection Commission conducts:
Graduate Level Examination –
It's eligibility is graduation or equivalent in any discipline.

Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination-It's eligibility is Higher seconday i.e 10+2 in and discipline or equivalent.

Combined Matric Level Examination - It's eligibility is matriculation qualification or High School.

Those candidates who qualify in the prelims of Staff Selection Exam are required to appear for the Mains.
Applicants qualifying in the mains have to appear for an Interview or Physical Efficiency Test (PET).

Applicants qualifying in the Matric Level Main Exam are required to pass a skill test (typing or stenography).

Few exams like Section Officers, Investigators etc, are held separately and no prelims are held for them.
22nd March 2015, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

My name is rahul, I am BCA graduate, so will you please tell me am I eligible of the Staff selection commission exams or not?
22nd March 2015, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, you are eligible for the Staff selection commission (SSC) exams. Following are the post for which you can apply.

Inspector of Income Tax
Inspector (Central Excise)
Inspector (Preventive Officer)
Inspector (Examiner)
Inspector
Assistant Enforcement Officer
Inspector(CBN) Compiler
Divisional Accountant
Auditors
UDCs
Tax Assistants
Junior Accountant & Accountant
Sub-Inspector (CBN)

Following is the syllabus for the exam which you can prefer.

a) General Intelligence:
It would include questions of both verbal and non verbal type. This component will include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetic reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.

b) General Awareness:
Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, economic scene, General polity and scientific research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline

Arithmetic:
This part will include questions on problems relating to number system, computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions, relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentage, ratio and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of tables and graphs, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and time etc.

Tags
ssc cgl

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in