2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th October 2014, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Bank Clerk Job after BA

Of course you can get Bank Clerk job after completing graduation, here are details:

Eligibility Criteria:
The Candidate must possess Graduation Degree in any discipline having secured 60% of marks from any authorized University / Institute.

Age limit:
Age between 20-28 years

Relaxation of Age:

For SC/ST aspirants- 5 years

For Backward Class candidates- 3 years

For contenders staying in Kashmir division of Jammu & Kashmir State during the period from 0-01-1980 to 31-12-1989 5 years

For physically challenged aspirants: 10 years

For candidates affected by riots of 1984: 5 years

For Ex-Servicemen: 3 years (In addition to the actual period of service in the Defence forces, subject to a maximum age of 50 years)

For Widows, Divorced women: Up to 35 years for General, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC/ST

Selection procedure
Selection is based on 2 stages:

Written test
Interview

There will be Written exam consisting of five segments

Reasoning,
English Language,
Quantitative Aptitude,
General Awareness (of Banking Industry) and
Computer Skills

Selected Candidates will get a call from the bank for Interview
29th May 2015, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

Hi I have completed BA now I want to apply for Bank Clerical Exam so provide me the details of this exam?
29th May 2015, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

The Indian banking system can be classified as Nationalized, Private Banks and Specialized banking institutions.

The Reserve Bank of India acts as a centralized monitoring body in the Indian financial sector.

The different types of banks in India hold Bank Clerical Grade Exams to recruit clerical level posts in their branches.

Bank Clerical Exam Eligibility

Educational Qualification

For the posts of Clerks and Typists:

Bachelor's degree of a recognized University in any discipline or its equivalent recognized as such by the Central Government.
OR
Passed with 50% marks in aggregate in Higher Secondary Examination/(10+2) of 10+2+3 pattern
OR
Passed with 50% marks in aggregate in Diploma in Banking recognized by Central/State Government or U.T. Administration
OR
Passed with 60% marks in aggregate in Matriculation/SSC (old pattern)/SSLC/ l0th standard of 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent

For the posts of Stenographers, Data Entry Operators, Telephone Operators:

Matriculation/SSC (old pattern) SSLC/ l0th standard examination of 10+2+3 pattern or equivalent

For the posts of Agricultural Clerks:

Degree or Diploma in Agriculture from a recognized University/Institution.
OR
Higher Secondary/ 12th Standard of 10+2+3 pattern or Intermediate or equivalent examination with Agriculture as a subject with 50% marks
OR
Matriculation/SSC (l0th Standard) certificate in case of a Village Level Worker with a minimum of 3 years experience as Village level worker under a Government.

Other Qualifications Required For Bank Clerical Exam

Applicants for the posts of Typists and Stenographers must have proficiency in Typing and Shorthand with the following minimum speed.

Hindi Typing - 25 wpm
English Typing - 30 wpm
Hindi Shorthand - 60 wpm in Hindi shorthand in addition to minimum Hindi Typing speed of 25 wpm
English Shorthand -80 wpm in English shorthand in addition to minimum English Typing speed of 30 wpm

Age must be between 18 years to 28 years.
Relaxation in upper age limit is as per rules for specified categories including SC/ST/OBC etc.

Nationality

A candidate must be either a citizen of India

Bank Clerical Exam Pattern

Bank Clerical Grade Exam for Banks like State bank of India (SBI) and its associate Banks consists of two parts i.e

1. Written Test
2. Interview

1. Written Test For Bank Clerical Grade Exam consists of two parts:

Part-I (Objective Type)
Subject No. Of Question
Test of Reasoning 50
Test of English Language 50
Test of Numerical Aptitude 50
Test of Clerical Aptitude 50
Total 200

There is negative marking of ¼ marks for each wrong question.

Part-II (Descriptive Type)

It will consist of Essay, Office correspondence, precise writing and arguments for or against a proposition to judge the candidate's ability to express his/her thoughts. The question Papers excepting the English Language Test of Part-I will be bi-lingual.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in