2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th May 2015, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

BAMU BE Mechanical Syllabus

I want to do Bachelor of Engineering Mechanical Program from BAMU. So I want to see the syllabus of 1st semester program. So pls give me required syllabus in PDF or DOCX format. Can I download syllabus from the official website of BAMU, If yes, give the procedure to download syllabus of BE Mechanical Engineering Program.
Similar Threads
Thread
MBA Syllabus BAMU
BAMU PET Syllabus
BAMU MBA Syllabus
BAMU LLB Syllabus
BAMU SE Mechanical Syllabus
Bsc CS Syllabus BAMU
TE CSE Syllabus BAMU
BAMU MCA Syllabus PDF
BAMU Syllabus M.Com
BAMU MCA Syllabus
Syllabus of BAMU
BAMU BBA Syllabus
BAMU M.Com Syllabus
BAMU MA Syllabus
Syllabus Of MBA BAMU
BE Syllabus BAMU
BAMU TE CSE Syllabus
BCS Syllabus BAMU
DTL syllabus BAMU
BAMU Syllabus for MBA
6th February 2020, 09:48 PM
Unregistered

Re: BAMU BE Mechanical Syllabus

Can you provide me the Syllabus of B. E. (Mechanical Engineering) Program offered by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad?
6th February 2020, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Re: BAMU BE Mechanical Syllabus

The Syllabus of B. E. (Mechanical Engineering) Program offered by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad is as follows:

MED401-INTERNAL COMBUSTION (I. C.) ENGINES

Course Contents:

Unit-I (05Hrs)
Introduction to IC Engines and cycle analysis: Basic of I.C. Engines, Details of two stroke and four stroke engines, Air standard cycles, Fuel air cycle and actual cycle. Variation in specific heat, Dissociation and their effect on engine performance Review of other losses in IC engines.

Unit-II (07Hrs)
Fuels requirements and alternative fuels: Air-fuel mixture requirement, Carburetors, Studies of fuel injection systems: Fuel pump and their working, different types of fuel feed systems, studies of injector’s nozzles, Bosch type fuel pump. Conventional fuels for IC engines, requirement, properties, limitations of fossil fuels, fuel additive and alternative fuels

Unit-III (08Hrs)
Combustion SI Engine: Stages of combustion, factors influencing various stages, Normal and abnormal combustion, Detonation, Factors responsible for detonation. Effect of detonation.
Octane rating of fuel, Requirement of combustion chambers for SI engines, important types, relative advantages and disadvantages and application.

Unit-IV (08Hrs)
Combustion in CI. Engines: Stages of combustion in CI Engines, Delay period, factor affecting delay period, diesel knock, cetane rating, Requirements of combustion chamber for CI Engines. Methods of generating turbulence in combustion chamber Types of combustion chamber for CI Engines

Unit-V (05Hrs)
Performance testing of IC Engines: Evaluation of various performance parameters of IC
Engines including heat balance, excess air calculation. Methods of determination of friction power. Supercharging: Basic principles, objectives, arrangements for super charging, advantages and limitations of super charging

Unit-VI (07Hrs)
Emission from IC Engines: Review, their effect on human health, cause of formation and approaches to control pollutants. Study of BIS, EURO emission norms, IC Engines Recent trends: Microprocessor based engines, multi-point fuel injection (MPFI) engines, common rail direct injections (CRDI) engines, variable valve timing engines and homogeneous charge compression ignition (HCCI) engines. Stratified engines, Wankel engine and Stirling engine
Section – A Unit I, II and III
Section – B Unit IV, V and VI

References:
1. Internal combustion Engines Fundaments- John B. Heywood, McGraw Hill.
2. Internal combustion Engines - M.L. Mathur & Sharma Dhanpatrai & Sons.
3. Internal combustion Engines – V. Ganeshan, McGraw Hill.
4. Internal combustion Engines- Collin R. Ferguson & Allan T. Kirkpatric.
5. An introduction to combustion- Stephen R. Turns, McGraw Hill.
6. Internal combustion engines & air pollution- Edward Obert, Intex Educational Pub.

Syllabus B. E. (Mechanical Engineering) Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in