2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th June 2015, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

BAMU history

I am searching for the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University history. Can you please tell me about its history like its year of year of establishment, name of founder and list of course offered by this institute? Please provide me brief history of this university?
Similar Threads
Thread
Bcs bamu
Bamu net set
History of BAMU University
Dr BAMU Pe
Bamu pet
Dr BAMU A
Bamu ba
Cas bamu
BAMU MA History Result
Dr BAMU ASC
Mba bamu
Bamu gr
Bamu ias
Bamu
B.ed bamu
Ar bamu
UGC ASC Dr BAMU
Online MBA History MBA Online History Internet
MMU History Economic History
BAMU M.ed CET
18th July 2018, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

Re: BAMU history

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Information About the History of the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University ?
18th July 2018, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: BAMU history

Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University (BAMU), formerly Marathwada University, is located in Aurangabad, Maharashtra, Republic of India. It is named after Bharat Ratna Dr. "Babasaheb" Ambedkar, an Indian jurist, political leader, academic and the chief architect of the Indian Constitution.

History :

There were nine colleges in Marathwada, listed below, all affiliated with Osmania University at Hyderabad in current Andhra Pradesh state.

In response to demand of the public in Marathwada region for a university, the government appointed on 27 April 1957 a committee with the charter to provide recommendations regarding establishment of such a university.

The governor of Maharashtra signed the Marathwada University Act on 5 May 1958. Shri Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India, inaugurated Marathwada University on 23 August 1958 at Aurangabad on the premises of the temporary main building of the university.

the first Prime Minister of India, inaugurated Marathwada University on 23 August 1958 at Aurangabad on the premises of the temporary main building of the university.

S.R. Dongerkery became the first vice-chancellor. Affiliation of the following nine colleges was transferred from Osmania University to the newly formed Marathwada University:

The Government College of Arts and Science, Aurangabad (established in 1923).
The Milind Mahavidyalaya, Aurangabad (established in 1950).
The People's College, Nanded (established in 1950).
The Government College of Education, Aurangabad (established in 1954).
The Marathwada College of Agriculture, Parbhani (established in 1956).
The Manikchand Pahade Law College, Aurangabad (established in 1956).
The Government Medical College, Aurangabad (established in 1956).
The Yogeshwari Science College, Mominabad (established in 1956).
The Arts and S.B.L. Commerce College, Jalna (established in 1958)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in