2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th February 2015, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Re: B.Tech Question Papers M.Tech 1st Semester

Will you provide me B.Tech 1st Semester paper of ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY of Vardhaman College Of Engineering as I am looking for the same ?
28th February 2015, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: B.Tech Question Papers M.Tech 1st Semester

As you want I am here providing you sample question paper of the B.Tech 1st Semester paper of ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY of Vardhaman College Of Engineering.

Sample question paper:

a) Explain the construction and working of H2- O2 fuel cell. What are the advantages and
disadvantages of this cell.
9M
b) Define Kolraush’s law. Discuss a method of determining equivalence conductance of
an electrolyte at infinite dilution.
6M
2. a) Derive Nernst equation for single electrode potential. 6M
b) Explain the following terms mentioning their units:
i. Specific Conductance
ii. Equivalent conductance
iii. Molar conductance

a) Define temporary and permanent hardness of water with units for water hardness and
interconversion amongst them.
7M
b) Explain the zeolite process of softening of water with regeneration reactions. 8M
4. a) Write a short note on ion-exchange process of purification of water. 7M
b) Explain the process of reverse osmosis with a neat diagram. What is the main advantage
of reverse osmosis over ion-exchange process?

a) Differentiate between thermoplastic and thermosetting resins with examples. 6M
b) Write the synthesis, properties and one engineering application of the following
polymers:
i. Teflon
ii. Buna-s
iii. Polyethylene
9M
6. a) Mention the optical properties of colloids with examples. Add a note on the conditions
of tyndall effect
8M
b) Mention two electrical properties of colloids. Describe electrophoresis process.

Here is the attachment.
(B.Tech 1st Semester paper of ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY of Vardhaman College Of Engineering)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in