2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th February 2016, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Awful SAT Scores

Hello sir, I am Michael Bush. I am from Colombia. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the SAT scores and also about the awful/ low SAT scores. Can you give me some details about it?
Similar Threads
Thread
UCF GRE Scores
UA SAT Scores
TCU SAT Scores
ULM GRE Scores
MBA Using GRE Scores
CMC SAT Scores
WPI SAT Scores
UTD SAT Scores
VMI SAT Scores
MD SAT Scores
SBI PO Scores
MBA Scores
GRE ETS Scores
HBU Sat Scores
GWU SAT Scores
ECU Sat Scores
UWF SAT Scores
SMU Sat Scores
CNU SAT Scores
CSU SAT Scores
25th February 2016, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Awful SAT Scores

As you have asked about the SAT scores and also about the awful/ low SAT scores, I am giving you information about it

SAT scores are reported on a scale from 200-800, with additional subscores reported for the essay (ranging from 2-12) and for multiple-choice writing questions (on a 20-80 scale).

Your scores tell college admissions staff how you did compared with other students who took the test.

The SAT has three sections and three scores, each on a scale of 200 to 800.

The average total score is approximately 1,538 points (520 in Math, 510 in Writing, and 508 in Critical Reading). An average score is acceptable for most colleges and universities.

A perfect score on the SAT is 2400; and for the ACT, it is 36.

A reasonable cutoff for low scores, for simplicity’s sake, would be at the 25th percentile (so, the bottom quarter of scorers).

The national average score for the SAT is 1540 (combining the math, reading, and writing sections of the test). For the ACT, the average score is between 20 and 21.

The average composite SAT score is around 1500, which is about the 50th percentile. So that you can get a better understanding of general performance, here are some other important percentile cutoffs and their corresponding composite scores:

10th percentile → about 1100 composite score

25th percentile → about 1275 composite score

50th percentile → about 1475-1500 composite score

75th percentile → about 1725 composite score

90th percentile → about 1950 composite score

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in