2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th August 2015, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Anna university biotechnology entrance examination

As you want to do B.Tech in Industrial Biotechnology from Anna University and asking for entrance exam so here I am telling you that for its admission an All India Entrance Examination will be conducted by the examination cell established by Department of Biotechnology, at Jawaharlal Nehru University during the month of April/May.

Exam centres

Bangalore,
Mumbai,
Calcutta,
Chennai,
Coimbatore,
Hyderabad,
Madurai
New Delhi

Admission eligibility

Candidates who have taken the final examination at the plus 2 level with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics are eligible to take this examination.

Selection

students selection will be merit based on aggregate marks of the qualifying examination(67%)(Physics,Chemistry, Biology /Maths) and the entrance examination (33%).

Program structure

English I and II, Physics - I & II, Chemistry I , Engineering Mechanics, Cell Biology, Mathematics - I and II, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Introduction to Engineering, Probability and Statistics, Bio-organic Chemistry, Thermodynamics, Principles of Chemical Engineering, Bioprocess Principles, Instrumental Methods of Analysis, Genetics and Molecular Biology, Basic Electronics and Instrumentation, Material Sceince and Technology.

Lab Courses

Computer Practice I, Physics Chemistry, Cell Biology, Engineering Graphics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Chemical Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation, Molecular Biology, Bio-Organic Chemistry and Instrumental Method of Analysis.

III and IV Year

Core: Bioprocess Engineering, Genetic Engineering, Immunology, Separation Process, Kinetics and Reaction Engineering, Management and Process Economics. Bio Informatics, Bio Ethics, Protein Engineering.

Lab Courses

Bioprocess,Immunology, Genetic Engineering, Seminar,Industrial Attachment and Project.

Electives

III and IV year: These are designed to offer specialization in a given area of biotechnology, based on the aptitude of the students with counselling from the faculty advisors:

Biology: Plant Biotechnology, Animal Biotechnology, Immunotechnology, Cancer Biology, Molecular Pathogenesis.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in