2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th October 2016, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

All About CAT Exam

Hello Buddy , I want to Crack Common Admission Test , Here Would you please give me Required Eligibility and Exam Pattern Information ?
5th October 2016, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Re: All About CAT Exam

CAT Stands for Common Admission Test

Common Admission Test is Conducted by the IIMs annually on Rotation Policy to Enroll Candidates like you in their Post Graduation and Fellow Programs in Management Courses

Eligibility Criteria :

Candidate must have a graduate degree with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of SC/ST/DA/PWD) or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the ministry of HRD, Government of India.

Reservations

Like most other examinations this too has a certain amount of reservations so lets have a look at them! 15% seats are reserved for Schedule Caste, 7.5% for Schedule Tribes, 27% for OBCs (Other backward classes) & 3% for differently able.

Application Form Fees :

Registration Fee of Rs. 1600 (General/NC-OBC) and Rs. 800 (SC/ST/PWD-DA) and then fill the form with valid details

CAT Exam Pattern

Total Duration of the Examination is 170 Mins

The candidates were permitted to swap among the two sections,

This year the total duration of the exam has been increased to 180 minutes i.e. 3 hours carrying a total of 100 questions to be answered.

The CAT is a computer based objective type test which consists of multiple choice questions.

QA and VRC will have 34 questions each and DILR will have around 32 questions .

CAT 2016 Exam Dates :

Online Application Form Starts
6th August to 20th September 2016

Admit Card download window
25th October till Exam date

Exam Date
29th November 2016

CAT 2016 Result
Second week of January 2017

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in