2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th December 2015, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Re: Alagappa University distance learning MBA syllabus

Hello i’m doing MBA from Alagappa University from distance education. For my exam I’ll prepare for it that’s why I need Syllabus of MBA for Human Resource subject in 3rd semester. Please provide me?
7th December 2015, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Alagappa University distance learning MBA syllabus

MBA Pattern is based on Semester System. Alagappa University provide MBA course though Distance Education for Two years duration

Eligibility: Any degree from a recognized University

Here the syllabus:

Human Resource

INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS MANAGEMENT

UNIT 1

Constitution of India – Salient features – Fundamental rights and directive principles of State policy – Labour movement – Concept of labour movement and Union Organization – Trade union movement and various phases of the movement – Trade unions and economic development.

UNIT 2

Development of Trade Unionism in India – Historical retrospect – Central organization of workers in India – Role of internal trade union – Inter and intra union rivalries – Union recognition – International Labour Movement: ICFTU – WFTU – ILO – History, objective and functions – Convention and recommendations.

UNIT 3

Concept of Industrial Relations – Social obligations of industry – Role of government employers and the unions in industrial relations – Industrial relations machinery – Joint consultation – Works committee – Negotiation: Types of Negotiations – Conciliations – Adjudication, voluntary arbitration – Workers participation in industry – Grievance procedure.

UNIT 4
Process of collective bargaining – Problems and prospects – Bipartism in agreements – Code of conduct and code of discipline – Wage boards – Reports of wage boards – Management of strikes and lockouts.
UNIT 5

Employee safety programme – Types of safety organization – Safety committee – Ergonomics – Damage control and system, safety.

UNIT 6

Employee communication – House journals – Notice boards suggestion schemes – upward communication, personnel counselling and mental health – educational and social development – modern trends – employee education.

MBA syllabus and Schems: 2014
LABOUR LEGISLATIONS - I
UNIT 1

Factories Act, 1948: Provision’s relating to health, safety, welfare, working hours, leave etc., of workers approval – Licensing and registration of factories, manager and occupier – Their obligations under the Act, powers of the authorities under the Act, Penalty provisions.
UNIT 2

Workmen’s Compensation Act, 1923: Employer’s liability for compensation, amount of compensation method of calculating wages – Review – distribution of compensation – Remedies of employer against stranger – Returns as to compensation – Commission for workmen’s compensation.
UNIT 3

Industrial Dispute Act, 1947: Industrial dispute – Authorities for settlement of industrial disputes – Reference of industrial disputes – Procedures – Power and duties of authorities, settlement and strikes – Lock-out – Lay-off – Retrenchment – Transfer and closure – Unfair labour practices – Miscellaneous provision offences by companies, conditions of service to remain unchanged under certain circumstances, etc.
UNIT 4

Shops and Establishments Act, 1947: Definitions – Sailent provisions – Powers of the authorities.
UNIT 5

Employee’s State Insurance Act, 1948: Registration of Factories and Establishments, the employee’s State Insurance Corporation, Standing Committee and Medical Benefit Council, provisions relating to contributions – Inspectors – Their functions and disputes and claims – Offences and penalties – Miscellaneous provisions.

UNIT 6

Employees Provident Fund and Msicellaneous Provisions Act, 1952: Employees provident fund and other schemes – Determination and recovery of money due from employer, appointment of inspectors and their duties – Provisions relating to transfer of accounts and liability in case of transfer of establishment exemption under the Act – Count’s power under the act.

REFERENCE :

1. Bare Acts
2. Kapoor N D, Industrial Law
3. Shukla M C, Industrial Law

TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT

UNIT 1
Training: Meaning – Definition – Need – Objectives – Difference among education, training and development – Levels of Training: Individual, operational and organizational levels.

UNIT 2
Training Organisation: Need assessment of Training- Organisational structure of training organizations – Training in manufacturing and service organizations – Duties and responsibilities of training managers – Selection of trainers: Internal and external.

UNIT 3
Employees Training: Meaning – Need – Areas of training: Knowledge, skill, attitude – Methods of training: On the job – Off the job.

UNIT 4
Executive Development Programmes: Meaning – Need – Methods of evaluation of effectiveness of training and development programmes.

UNIT 5
Evaluation of Training: Evaluation of training and development programs – Concept of return on investment and cost benefit analysis – Current practices in assessing training and development.

UNIT 6
Training and Development in India: Government policy on training – Training Institutes in India – Management Associations – Development programmes in Public and Private Sector organization.

REFERENCES

1. Sikula A F, Personnel Administration and Human Resource Development, John Wiley and Sons, New York.
2. Ahmed Abad, Management and Organisational Development, Rachana Prakashan, New Delhi.
3. Memoria C B, Personnel Management, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai.
4. Larney M C & William J, Management Training: Cases and Principles, Richad D Irwin, Illinois.
5. Rudra Baswaraj, Personnel Administration Practice in India, Vaikunta Lal Mehta Inst. of Co-op. Management, Pune.

For more syllabus detail here I’m provide you PDF file for MBA syllabus but I have previous year based syllabus that is I’m here provide you:
Attached Files
File Type: doc MBA syllabus and Schems 2014.doc (127.0 KB, 57 views)

Tags
distance learning

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in