2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th June 2015, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Ak Purwar State Bank of India

Arun Kumar Purwar was became the Chairman of State Bank of India in the year 2002.

He was the Chairman from November' 02 to May' 06 and held several important and critical positions like Chief Executive Officer of Tokyo , Managing Director of State Bank of Patiala .

A. K. Purwar

Mr. Purwar has taken over as the Chairman of IL & FS Renewable Energy Limited in March 2008

Mr. Purwar has also taken India Infoline Investment Services Ltd in November 2009.

Mr. Purwar is currently the Chairman of IndiaVenture Advisors Pvt. Ltd., investment manager to IndiaVenture Trust - Fund I, the healthcare and life sciences focussed private equity fund sponsored by the Piramal Group.

Mr. Purwar is working as Independent Director in leading companies in Hospitals, Power, Auto components, Renewable Energy, Telecom, Steel, Textiles, Engineering Consultancy and Financial Services.

Mr. Purwar is an Advisor to Mizuho Securities in Japan and is also a member of Advisory Board for IIES, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan.

Mr. Purwar also worked as Chairman of Indian Bank Association during 2005 2006

Awards received:

"Outstanding Achiever of the year" Award from Indian Banks' Association (2004)

"CEO of the year" Award from the Institute for Technology & Management (2004)

"Finance Man of the Year" Award by the Bombay Management Association in 2006.

Personal Data:

Mr. Purwar was Born in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh on May 14, 1946

Mr. Purwar completed his Masters degree in Commerce from Allahabad University in the year 1966 and Diploma in Business Administration in the year 1967.
22nd December 2015, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, my father told me about the AK purwar but I was forgetting. Is there any one can tell me what is the connection between AK purwar and State bank of india?
22nd December 2015, 09:50 AM
Super Moderator

Don’t worry I’m giving you detail and connection between the AK purwar and State bank of india.

Ak Purwar is a former chairman of State bank of India. AK purwar his full name is Arun Kumar Purwar, became the chairman of the State Bank of India in 2002.

He was completed his masters degree in commerce from Allahabad University, he was previously a lecturer in their Business Administration Department.

He also chairs the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) Diaspora Division.

AK Purwar, former chairman of State Bank of India and industry expert his goal this time the focus could be on organisations which can work for financial inclusion and highly specialized institutions focusing on infrastructure, healthcare education, services sector, among others.

Mr. Purwar, with his innovative thinking and passion transformed SBI into a world class Bank and has received numerous awards like

CEO of the year’ Award from the Institute for Technology & Management (2004),

Outstanding Achiever of the year’ Award from Indian Banks’ Association (2004)

Finance Man of the Year” Award by the Bombay Management Association (2006)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in