2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th September 2012, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Re: AICTE Norms for Assistant Professor

As you want to get information about AICTE Norms for Assistant Professor. Here I am providing you some information regarding this.
The faculty norms of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has been recently revised

As per available information below are the norms of AICTE for Assistant Professor.
Programme - Engineering / Technology
Cadre- Asstt. Professor
Qualifications:
BE/BTech and ME/MTech in relevant branch with First Class or equivalent either in BE/BTech or ME/MTech
However,earlier it was MTech only but new norms says MTech with BTech. It is clear that there is no chance for students who have done MTech after MCA.
26th March 2013, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

i am Dr G.Sivanatha Reddy M.Sc., Ph.D., have completed with first class in geology. so may i eligible for asst. professor for civil department of JNTUA
27th June 2013, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

I have completed BSC and MS in system engineering from BITS & I have 5 yrs on IT experience. Is it possible for me to get assistant professor in engineering college.if its so wht will be the pay scale
16th July 2013, 11:39 AM
kamilfiroz@gmail.com

what is the qualification for assistant professor in engineering as per aicte norms
10th September 2014, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

I have Btech 2nd class..Mtech 1st class..im I not eligible
31st March 2015, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Will you tell me what is the AICTE Norms for Assistant Professor post in engineering and technology colleges in India ?
31st March 2015, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

As you want I am here telling you about the AICTE Norms for Assistant Professor post in engineering and technology colleges in India.

Faculty member ratio should be :
Faculty required 1:15 (Teacher: student ratio)

Assistant Professor post :

Qualification required :

BE/B.Tech & ME/ M.Tech in relevant branch with 1st class or equivalent either in BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech.

For Associate Professor post :

Qualification required :

BE/B.Tech & ME/ M.Tech in relevant branch with 1st class or equivalent either in BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech and PhD or equivalent, in appropriate discipline.

Post PhD publications and guiding PhD students is highly desirable.

Experience:
Minimum of 5 years experience in teaching / research /industry of which 2 years post PhD experience is desirable.

In case of Architecture, Professional Practice of 5 years as certified by the Council of Architecture shall also be considered valid.

Professor post :

Qualification required :

BE/B.Tech & ME/ M.Tech in relevant branch with 1st class or equivalent either in BE/B.Tech or ME/M.Tech and PhD or equivalent, in appropriate discipline.

Post PhD publications and guiding PhD students is highly desirable.

Experience:

Minimum of 10 years teaching/ research /industrial experience of which at least 5 years should be at the level of Associate professor.

Or

Minimum of 13 years experience in teaching and / or Research and /or Industry.
17th April 2015, 10:31 AM
pasha.prec@gmail.com

Respected Sir / Madam,
I am a HANDICAPPED and completed my MBA in 2003 from KAKATIYA UNIVERSITY and secured 56 %. What are the norms for MBA staff regarding me. Please let me know that, as the colleges are asking for 60 %.

Thanking You,

MD. AZMATH PASHA
27th April 2015, 06:30 PM
pmane18@gmail.com

Hii
I want to know about the AICTE norms for the Assistant Professor, can you please provide me some information about it?
This regarding job application to commerce colleges for which details are required to know what are the requirments in AICTE norms for applying in colleges.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in