2024 2025 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th September 2014, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Re: After 12 Commerce Eligible To Join Indian Navy

Sorry to say that after completing 12 Commerce you are not eligible to join the Indian Navy which is done through NDA exam .

Jobs in Indian navy are in following categories:
Technical departments
Pilot departments
Ground floor departments

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:-
Contendors must have citizenship of India
Contendors must be completed 12th standard from recognized state board of India with PCM
Contendors age should be in between 16.5 to 19years
Only unmarried male Contendors are eligible

The pattern for NDA exam:-
• Paper I - Mathematics :
Arithmetic, Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics.

• Paper II - General Ability
Part A - English
Part B - General Knowledge
9th October 2014, 07:40 AM
Unregistered

After 12 Commerce Eligible To Join Indian Navy

I have completed 12 class with Commerce stream . Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy or not ?
9th October 2014, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry you are not eligible to Join Indian Navy after 12th with Commerce stream .
Because to join Indian Navy you are required to satisfy the following educational qualifications.

Eligibility Criteria to Join in Indian Navy:
You should be citizen of india
You should have completed the 12th with science and maths
Your age should be between 16.5-19 Years

Nevertheless , with Commerce background you can join Indian Navy after completion of Graduation . So, go for Graduation .
Note that , your Graduation should be done from a Recognised University

~ After completion of Graduation , you can apply for the CDS exam to join Navy

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam
The exam will conducts by UPSC , 2 times in every year

To apply for the exam ,

* You should have completed Graduation from any Recognised University
* Age shouldbe in between 19-22 years , for Navy
* You should be an Unmarried candidate
* You should be a Citizen of India

Selection Process
1) Written exam
2) SSB Interview
3) Medical Test
19th March 2015, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

respected sir,
just now i appeared 12th exam in commerce stream and after that i want to join indian navy so what should i do so i can join Indian navy by commerce stream please suggest me.
19th March 2015, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Dear Aspirant...

As Indian navy allows candidates from science stream only, having PCM(physics, chemistry maths ) in their 12th board and You are a commerce student so you can give this exam only for Army post and you are eligible for only Army post. You can give NDA examination and you must be prepare well in this exam and you can give NDA exam Twice in a year. You are a commerce student so you have a lots of option like CA and CS best option. NDA stand for National Defence Service. NDA examination are conducted by UPSC. Some eligibility criteria are given below.

LIGIBILITY CRITERIA :-

## You must be 12th.

## You must be Indian Citizenship.

## You must be good marks in 12th.

## You can give Twice in a year.

## You must be unmarried candidate.

## You apply only Army post.

The syllabus of NDA exams I am mentioning here for your convience:

Paper-I Mathematics (Maximum Marks - 300)

1Algebra : Concept of a set, operations on sets, Venn diagrams. De Morgan laws. Cartesian product, relation, equivalence relation. Representation of real numbers on a line. Complex numbers - basic properties, modulus, argument, cube roots of unity. Binary system of numbers. Conversion of a number in decimal system to binary system and vice-versa. Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions. Quadratic equations with real coefficients. Solution of linear inequations of two variables by graphs. Permutation and Combination. Binomial theorem and its application. Logarithms and their applications.

2.Matrices and Determinants: Types of matrices, operations on matrices Determinant of a matrix, basic properties of determinant. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix, Applications - Solution of a system of linear equations in two or three unknowns by Cramer's rule and by Matrix Method

. 3.Trigonometry: Angles and their measures in degrees and in radians. Trigonometrical ratios. Trigonometric identities Sum and difference formulae. Multiple and Sub-multiple angles. Inverse trigonometric functions. Applications - Height and distance, properties of triangles.

4.Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions: Rectangular Cartesian Coordinate system. Distance formula. Equation of a line in various forms. Angle between two lines. Distance of a point from a line. Equation of a circle in standard and in general form. Standard forms of parabola, ellipse and hyperbola. Eccentricity and axis of a conic. Point in a three dimensional space, distance between two points. Direction Cosines and direction ratios. Equation of a plane and a line in various forms. Angle between two lines and angle between two planes. Equation of a sphere.

5.Differential Calculus: Concept of a real valued function - domain, range and graph of a function. Composite functions, one to one, onto and inverse functions. Notion of limit, Standard limits - examples. Continuity of functions - examples, algebraic operations on continuous functions. Derivative of a function at a point, geometrical and physical interpreatation of a derivative - applications. Derivatives of sum, product and quotient of functions, derivative of a function with respect of another function, derivative of a composite function. Second order derivatives. Increasing and decreasing functions. Application of derivatives in problems of maxima and minima. Ads by Google _____________________________________

6.Integral Calculus and Differential equations: Integration as inverse of differentiation, integration by substitution and by parts, standard integrals involving algebraic expressions, trigonometric, exponential and hyperbolic functions. Evaluation of definite integrals - determination of areas of plane regions bounded by curves - applications. Definition of order and degree of a differential equation, formation of a differential equation by examples. General and particular solution of a differential equation, solution of first order and first degree differential equations of various types - examples. Application in problems of growth and decay.

7. Vector Algebra :_ Vectors in two and three dimensions, magnitude and direction of a vector. Unit and null vectors, addition of vectors, scalar multiplication of vector, scalar product or dot product of two-vectors. Vector product and cross product of two vectors. Applications-work done by a force and moment of a force, and in geometrical problems.

8.Statistics and Probability :- Statistics: Classification of data, Frequency distribution, cumulative frequency distribution - examples Graphical representation - Histogram, Pie Chart, Frequency Polygon - examples. Measures of Central tendency - mean, median and mode. Variance and standard deviation - determination and comparison. Correlation and regression. Probability : Random experiment, outcomes and associated sample space, events, mutually exclusive and exhaustive events, impossible and certain events. Union and Intersection of events. Complementary, elementary and composite events. Definition of probability - classical and statistical - examples. Elementary theorems on probability - simple problems. Conditional probability, Bayes' theorem - simple problems. Random variable as function on a sample space. Binomial distribution, examples of random experiments giving rise to Binominal distribution

Paper-II General Ability Test (Maximum Marks-600)

Part ‘A’ - ENGLISH (Maximum Marks 200). The question paper in English will be designed to test the candidate’s understanding of English and workman like use of words. The syllabus covers various aspects like : Grammar and usage, vocabulary, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.

Part ‘B’ - GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Hope that much of the information will be relevant for to to make an idea:

Wish u all the luck.. thank you
27th March 2015, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

i am in class 12 commerce cbse bord i will score above 80% its eligible to join navy in any department
29th April 2015, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

Navy

I want to join Indian Navy after completing graduation in commerce . will you please tell am I eligible to Indian join . To join Indian navy in which exam I have to appear to join Indian Navy. Also please tell how many time that exam be conducted in a year .
5th May 2015, 01:29 PM
shantanu mishra

Will you please provide the information that whether After 12 Commerce Eligible To Join Indian Navy or not ?

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in