2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th December 2014, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Admission in CA after B.com

CA or Chartered Accountant Entrance Exam is conducted all over India to enroll the students with ICAI. It is one of the most popular Entrance Exams in India especially for commerce students.

Admission in CA after B.com

As you are still in 2nd year of your B Com, so firstly you need to complete your Graduation and then you can take admission directly in 2nd stage of CA course which is IPC.

Chartered Accountant Eligibility
Students who are Graduates/ Post Graduates in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of the total marks

or

other than those falling under Commerce stream having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the examination conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) and Candidates who have passed the Intermediate level examination conducted by The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India are exempted from qualifying Common Proficiency Test (CPT) and can register directly in the Intermediate (IPC) Course.

CA Course Details
ICAI - Institute of Chartered Accountants of India

CA - Chartered Accountancy
» PE I : Professional Examination I
» PE II : Professional Examination II - Group I
» PE II : Professional Examination II - Group II
» Final - Group I
» Final - Group II

CA - Chartered Accountancy
» Integrated Professional Competence Course Examination - Group I
» Integrated Professional Competence Course Examination - Group II
» Common Proficiency Test
» Professional Competence Course Examination - Group I
» Professional Competence Course Examination - Group II
» Final - Group I
» Final - Group II

Fee Structure

Chartered Accountant Salary

Chartered accountant can get anything between Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 30,000 to start with and with some experience and expertise can get as high as Rs.1,00,000 per month. There is no upper limit for those, who have opted for private practice.
24th March 2015, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my B. Com course now I want to become a chartered accountant so for that I want to get information so will you please provide me that ?
24th March 2015, 01:39 PM
Super Moderator

As you want to become a chartered accountant after completing your B. Com course so yes you can become here I am giving you information about it.

After completing graduation you have to face 3 stages for becoming a chartered accountant.

1. IPCC Group I
2. IPCC Group II
3. Finals

IPCC Syllabus:

1. A General Knowledge of the framing of the accounting standards, national and international accounting authorities, adoption of international financial reporting standards

2. Accounting Standards

Working knowledge of:

AS 1 : Disclosure of Accounting Policies

AS 2: Valuation of Inventories

AS 3: Cash Flow Statements

AS 6: Depreciation Accounting

AS 7: Construction Contracts (Revised 2002) AS 9: Revenue Recognition

AS 10: Accounting for Fixed Assets

AS 13: Accounting for Investments

AS 14: Accounting for Amalgamations

3. Company Accounts

(a) Preparation of financial statements – Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement

(b) Profit (Loss) prior to incorporation

(c) Alteration of share capital, Conversion of fully paid shares into stock and stock into shares, Accounting for bonus issue

(d) Simple problems on Accounting for business acquisition, Amalgamation and reconstruction (excluding problems of amalgamation on inter-company holding)

4. Average Due Date, Account Current, Self-Balancing Ledgers

5. Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organisations

6. Accounts from Incomplete Records

7. Accounting for Special Transactions

(a) Hire purchase and instalment sale transactions

(b) Investment accounts

(c) Insurance claims for loss of stock and loss of profit.

9. Issues in Partnership Accounts

Final accounts of partnership firms – Admission, retirement and death of a partner including treatment of goodwill;

10. Accounting in Computerised Environment

An overview of computerized accounting system – Salient features and significance, Concept of grouping of accounts, Codification of accounts, Maintaining the hierarchy of ledger, Accounting packages and consideration for their selection, Generating Accounting Reports.

For full syllabus here is the attachment:

IPCC Syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in