2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th November 2014, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Re: 3rd Year B.Tech Student Preparing for Placements

Yes dear, as you decide to be prepared for placement so it is very good decision and it seems like you are serious at your career being an engineering student, everyone wants to get job during Engineering but nowadays competition has increased at high level. Usually companies come to colleges and select students who are good in Technical as well as in Soft skills so it’s compulsory to be prepared for the campus placements before going into the final year.

As you decide to be prepare for placement so now let me tell you that should contact with or your seniors and ask out him about placements and they will defiantly help you.

Here I am telling you about some point which is essential points of placement:

Improve Technical Skills – in interview, question will put up from your core subjects so you should have good basic knowledge of subjects.

Improve Communication Skills – if you want to be appear in placement, you should have good communication skill.

Improve your Aptitude Skills – it your basic part because aptitude question will be asked questions from Data Interpretation, Logical and Verbal Reasoning, Arithmetic Aptitude and so on.

You can start your preparation from today.

All the Very Best!!
29th November 2014, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

3rd Year B.Tech Student Preparing for Placements

Hey there! Myself Rohan and I am pursuing B.Tech in 3rd year. I want to do preparation for placement so what should I do???
29th November 2014, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Yes dear, as you decide to be prepared for placement so it is very good decision and it seems like you are serious at your career being an engineering student, everyone wants to get job during Engineering but nowadays competition has increased at high level. Usually companies come to colleges and select students who are good in Technical as well as in Soft skills so it’s compulsory to be prepared for the campus placements before going into the final year.

As you decide to be prepare for placement so now let me tell you that should contact with or your seniors and ask out him about placements and they will defiantly help you.

Here I am telling you about some point which is essential points of placement:

Improve Technical Skills – in interview, question will put up from your core subjects so you should have good basic knowledge of subjects.

Improve Communication Skills – if you want to be appear in placement, you should have good communication skill.

Improve your Aptitude Skills – it your basic part because aptitude question will be asked questions from Data Interpretation, Logical and Verbal Reasoning, Arithmetic Aptitude and so on.

You can start your preparation from today.

All the Very Best!!
27th February 2015, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Hey, I am Ranjana Soni , I am a B.Tech 3rd Year IT Student Preparing for appearing in campus placements , will you give me tips for preparation for the test ?
27th February 2015, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

As you want I am here telling you tips for preparation for placement test.

First of all you should know the pattern of the placement test.

Clear the basic concepts.

Be strong in the fundamentals of the subjects.

Be aware about new technologies.

Manage the time and do preparation.

Read news paper daily.

Know about the companies.

Solve last year paper of the company.

Some of the recruiters for IT students:

Amazon,
HP,
Google.
Facebook
Ericsson,
Oracle
SAP
Symantec
VMware
Fiserv
CA Technologies
Intuit
Salesforce.com
Amadeus IT Group
Cybage Software,
Cavisson Systems,
Adstuck,
Vegayan
Systems,
UST Global,
The Elitists,
Jindal Steel,
Zycus,
Cognizant,
Mahindra Comviva,
Murugappa Group,
Trident Group,
Linkhouse Buildwell,
Perkin Elmer,
9th May 2015, 10:22 AM
Unregistered

I am a B.Tech 3rd year student and preparing for the placement so please tells me how should I go about it?
9th May 2015, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

Well it’s so good that you are serious about your career and prepare yourself for placement

The first step is to decide in which companies you want to get placed.

Placements for B.Tech students will be in different manner in different colleges.

Many companies which come to college have some cutoff criteria for the written round.

Normally high paying companies which come early for placements have criteria of 8CGPA.

Since you are still in 3rd year, you have great chance to improve your CG in these 2-3 upcoming semesters.

Some colleges make placements in 3rd year itself while some colleges provide placements in 4th year

To get easily placement, you should have certificates of other curriculum activities.

It adds up to your personality and makes a great impression on the interviewer.

You should be well prepared in the following topic:
1 Aptitude question
2 Reasoning question
3. C-language basic.

You should have good communication Skill; you should have good command in your project work.

Campus placement conducts 3-4 rounds:
Written test
Group discussion
Technical round
Personal interview

You should have knowledge in "current affairs" in order to prepare for GD.

Prepare your strong resume; it is very important thing for the placements

Tags
placements

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in