2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th August 2012, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

Re: University Entrance Autobiographical Essay Sample

You are looking for the University of Oregon entrance Autobiographical Essay Sample; here I am attaching a file, from where you can download the essay written by Bill Harrison, as a PDF. Here I am providing you some lines written by the Bill Harrison for Autobiographical Essay.

I was born in a small town in the middle of Kansas. My parents owned and operated a small dry goods store, with both men’s and women’s ready-to-wear. As a lad, I worked in the store occasionally; sweeping up, helping with inventory, nothing too demanding.

For the rest of essay, here is the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UOO entrance Autobio essay.pdf (24.9 KB, 118 views)
18th May 2015, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

I am looking for Essay Samples for University Autobiographical Entrance Examination so please provide me the same?
18th May 2015, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

Here I am providing you Essay Samples for University Autobiographical Entrance Examination.

Sample College Admissions Essay 1:

On the surface I think I am like most young and modern American women: I take school seriously, I have dreams and goals for the future that I am determined to make happen, and I don’t expect anyone to do the hard work for me. I come from what is an increasingly normal background: my parents are divorced and I live with my mom and sisters and only occasionally see my dad since he now lives on the other side of the country, but I still feel very lucky to have a supportive, if spread out, family behind me. What makes me different from the rest of the crowd though is how I choose to fill my time away from school. I come from a middle income background so I knew I’d have to get a job in the summers and/or after school to help fund college, but instead of getting the easiest job I could find like many of my friends, I purposely sought work that would teach me new skills as well as give me a sense of fulfillment, which is why I turned to coaching soccer and working as a camp counselor. I know that every summer I am out there I’m helping the kids in my community, not only by watching to make sure they are playing with skill and determination, but also by helping them learn invaluable life lessons, like how to be a good teammate and friend, and how to settle disputes fairly and efficiently. I also have now added the title of waitress to my resume and while at first glance this job may not seem to offer me skills useful in pursuing a college degree, I have found it to offer incomparable training in multi-tasking, responsibility, money-management, perseverance and compassion for others.

My grades have always been high and I am especially proud of this because I don’t naturally excel in all subjects. Writing has always been a challenge for me because I find grammar to often be confusing, spelling too, but I have learned through my involvement with many varsity level sports that quitting never feels as good as conquering your own fears, which is why I have sought not only advanced placement writing classes to really help me focus on mastering the written word, but I have also challenged myself to take advanced placement Greek which, while very difficult, has helped me immensely with learning word origins, giving me the foundations to figure out challenging words in English as well. I am now on the cusp of attending college and preparing for a career, and I am confident that the determination I have displayed thus far will only grow stronger as my course work becomes more demanding. At this point I think I want to focus on a career in the law because the riddle of our legal system fascinates me and I really believe that, coming from a divorced household myself, I could offer empathetic legal counsel to others facing the ordeal of family court. I know that I am young and the career path I find myself on after earning an undergraduate degree may be very different than what I envision now, but I plan to make my college education a well rounded and broadening one that hopefully will allow me to explore both my academic and artistic interests so that wherever the future takes me I will have a solid foundation upon which to build a career.

Sample College Admissions Essay 2:

Sometimes a task can seem monumental when you try to visualize the entire thing, but if you break it down into smaller goals suddenly it can become manageable. When I first started to consider going to college so that I could make a better life for myself and my daughter, I thought it was going to be almost impossible. I was working in a convenience store trying to make ends meet as a single mother, but I just knew that there was something more out there for me. I had the drive to build a career that did not involve running credit cards through the machine and cleaning the public bathroom, I just needed the skills and the opportunity to determine what that other dream job was. It can be difficult to leave what is familiar, and I actually really liked the people who owned the convenience store and knew that they would be sad to see me go, but it was time to strike out on my own. I set a goal of successfully finishing one semester at my local junior college, just to see if I could manage it, and much to my delight I not only completed the semester, but earned a place on the Dean’s List as well. I felt a tremendous amount of pride in this accomplishment, and it certainly wasn’t easy, but it helped to give me the confidence I needed to set longer term goals. I found that I was very interested in the sciences and how the human body works. I am now about to graduate with my Associate’s of Science degree, having maintained my position on the Dean’s List the entire time, and I finally know that I am setting the kind of example for my daughter that I always dreamed of when I was wringing out the mop and restocking the shelves at the convenience store.

I am now eager to take my education to the next level by pursuing a degree in nursing at ____ University. It is my goal after graduating to become a nurse serving lower income and underrepresented communities. I am a naturally compassionate person, and because of my lower socio-economic background and life experience, I can relate easily to people who may fear going to see medical professionals whom they perceive as different from them, but whose services they need. I can help bridge that gap, and thereby encourage more people to actually get help that they require in a comforting and non-threatening environment.

My commitment to my education is strong and I know that, if admitted, I will be able to earn a solid grade point average, and graduate with the skills and experience I will need to build my career as a nurse. I feel such relief and gratitude to know that I have found my calling, and I am eager to begin this new stage of my education. Certainly the next two years will be challenging—requiring much juggling of schedules and time management expertise--but I have done it before, and with my clear goal in my mind, I know I can do it again with equal or greater success. Even though my commitment to my education takes some time away from my child, I know that ultimately it will be worth the sacrifice because she will see how important an education is by witnessing all I have given up to achieve mine, and what a strong career I will be able to build because of those same sacrifices.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in